Can Liposuction Cause Long Term Pain in Hips Month After Surgery?

my friend had a tummy tuck with lipo in feb. she says she has trouble sleep as her legs and hips get sore.

Pain

+1
I am sorry to hear about that, there is risks of damages to nerves that innervate skin in the groin and hip area, luckilly the majority of these get better with time

Minimal discomfort with Liposuction

+1
After your lipo procedure you may have minimal bruising and swelling, all side effects should subside within the first few days to weeks. If you have continued discomfort it is best to follow up with your surgeon. Good luck in your recovery process.

Bruce E. Katz, MD

Pain after liposuction of hips and legs one month post-op

+1
I find that the amount soreness after liposuction is variable, and one month is not too long.
Gentle massage, warm compresses and a ten day course of anti-inflammatory medications such as Advil in a higher dose (up to 1200mg per day) may be helpful assuming that the person tolerates these type of medications.

Jan Zemplenyi, MD
Bellevue Facial Plastic Surgeon

It is possible

+1
if your friend is only one month post op, it is possible that she is still sore in those areas that have been liposuctioned. everyone is different and pain is very subjective. i would reassure her that her pain will go away, it is just that hers is taking a longer time period to go away and to be patient. definitely no treatment is required.

david berman md
plastic surgeon
northern VA

David E. Berman, MD
Sterling Plastic Surgeon