Is Liposuction Part of the Body Lift Procedure?

Is liposuction part of the body lift procedure?

Body Lift and Liposuction

+3

During a Lower body lift, liposuction is used for two reasons. One is to remove the unwanted deposits of certain areas such as flanks or outer thighs. This can really help in establishing a proper contour. Another reason that liposuction can be used in lower body lifts is to loosen the tissue of the thighs. Liposuction in this scenario can really help the superior lift of the thighs.

Bodylift is a powerful procedure at producing great shape.

+3

Generally, liposuction is not considered part of a bodylift, however, we often combine a bodylift with liposuction of other parts of the body to give a better overall result and total bldy contour. A bodylift addresses the excess skin and fat around the midportion of the torso. It is a wonderful procedure that is extremely powerful at producing an excellent body shape.

Paul Vitenas, Jr., MD

Body lift and liposuction

+2

I do not routinely combine liposuction of undermined regions at the same time as a body lift. It  increases the seroma rate.

Liposuction adds further refinement to body lift procedures

+2

.Body lift surgery is generally recommend for individuals with skin laxity, most frequently fol owing massive weight loss. Liposuction can be added to body lift procedures to further define your shape. A lower body lift combines an abdominoplasty (tummy-tuck) with an outer thigh and buttock lift. Liposuction can be included to improve the shape of the waistline, as well as the outer thighs. An upper body lift corrects the breasts(or chest) as well as the lateral chest folds and can be combined with Liposuction. For cases which require high volume liposuction, I generally recommend a two staged approach with liposuction performed at the initial stage followed 3 months later by the body lift procedure. Each case is individualized to meet your specific  needs.I would recommend consulting with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon in your area. Best Regards, Andrew Lyos, MD, FACS Houston TX 713 799 8989.

Andrew T. Lyos, MD, FACS

Body Lift & Liposuction

+2

I tend to perform little, if any, liposuction at the time of a body lift.  The body lift requires a circumferential incision resulting in the interruption of a great deal of the normal blood supply.  In addition, a body lift is a very time-consuming procedure with which I usually perform no additional procedures which might increase operative risks.

John Whitt, MD

Body lift

+2

After massive weight loss, ther is excess skin and sometimes, more often than you think, there is still some fat pockets that need liposuction. If these pockets are within the areas of body lift then the liposuction is included.

Discuss this with your surgeon ahead of time, agree on exactly what is being done.

The liposuction will give a better result.

LIPO WITH BODY LIFT

+1
The body lift is comprised of three procedures – a tummy tuck, a thigh lift, and a buttock lift.  I routinely use liposuction in conjunction with those three procedures because I feel liposuction is necessary to provide the optimum result.  Since liposuction is minimally invasive, it is relatively safe to liposuction other areas during a body lift procedure.  Liposuctioning areas such as the knees, flanks or back area would provide additional contouring for your legs and for your waistline which would also enhance the buttocks.  I also have patients who request a fat transfer to the buttocks or a Brazilian Butt Lift at the time of their body lift to add fullness to their buttocks after the loose skin has been tightened.  Ultimately, your health will determine if you are a candidate to have additional procedures during a body lift procedure.  Be sure to only research board certified plastic surgeons then schedule a consultation for a thorough exam to confirm you are a good candidate for a body lift.

Be well and good luck!

@norrisplastic

Morgan E. Norris, MD, FACS

Liposution and Body Lifting Together

+1

Liposuctioning is commonly performed at the time of a body lift.  It can used in many different ways.  It may be used to decrease bulk in an area that is resistent to weight loss, such as the thighs or arms.  It may be used to help loosen the skin of the thighs so as to achieve better pull of adjacent tissues to get more from the lift.  It can be used to taper resistant fat in surrounding areas such as the back.  Every body lift procedure should be tailored to you individually so as tho have a good stategy for getting the most benefit you can as safely as possible.  choose an experienced surgeon to help you decide what is best for you.

Mary Lee Peters, MD

Liposuction in Body Lifting Surgery

+1

Yes, liposuction can be used as a very important tool during the body lifting procedure to assist with body contouring and helping to achieve the final result.

Combination of body lift and liposuction

+1

I utilize some liposuction at the time of a body lift most of the time.  There are a number of areas which can be safely treated with liposuction at the same time as a body lift including the abdomen, flanks and lateral thighs.  You surgeon can identify the areas which can be safely and effectively treated at the time of surgery.

Terrence Murphy, MD
Englewood Plastic Surgeon