How Much Does Liposuction on Lower Belly Cost?

i am looking to get lipo for lower belly fat.what is the appox cost?

Abdominal liposuction

While you may think that you only need the lower abdomen to be treated, if you gain weight, the upper abdomen will look very funny if not treated.

Abdominal liposuction runs around $5000-7000 as an average.

You can never do just the lower abdomen. You almost always have to do the full abdomen to make it look good and even.  It should be done under local anesthesia by the tumescent technique and with smaller canulas.  There are no stitches, no need for risky general anesthesia, and the recovery is about 2 days before you are back to work.  Cost is $5000-7000 for a good job.  Cheaper lipos usually give less than nice results.  Sincerely,

David Hansen,MD

David Hansen, MD
Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon

Cost of Lower Belly Liposuction

The cost of lower belly liposuction can vary greatly depending on the surgeon, the city you're having your procedure performed, and how large an area you are treating.  Generally speaking, in my Austin based practice, you would be looking at anywhere from $1500-$2000 + anesthesia and OR fees.  Around $4000 total cost.

Jeffrey W. Hall, MD

Cost of lipo

It is best to see a board certified surgeon for a consultation so that the exact cost of your treatment can be determined. The price depends on the volume and location of the suctioned area, but typically ranges from $4,000 to $10,000. But Best, Dr. Khorasani

Hooman Khorasani, MD

Thank you for your question!

The liposuction procedure has a staring price of $1500, you would need to have an evaluation. Search for a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best luck

Orlando Llorente, MD

Lipo Costs

Liposuction of just the lower abdomen can be effective to rid yourself of that "spare tire" that isn't responding to exercise.  Have a careful discussion with your American Board of Plastic Surgery Surgeon about the degree of loose skin expected after surgery.  Otherwise, you may be setting yourself up for needing a subsequent tummy tuck, more expensive than liposuction.

Cost of liposuction

Thank you for your question. According to real self the average cost for liposuction is about $6000. With that said costs will vary significantly based on many factors. How many areas are treated, whether or not you are getting general anesthesia, what type of facility it is being done in all influential final cost. My best advice is that you get what you pay for. Don't be mislead by cheap lipo. Always look to make sure your surgeon is board certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and the work is being done in an accredited facility. Good luck

John Mancoll, MD
Virginia Beach Plastic Surgeon

Liposuction pricing

I generally charge per area, with the first being $3500. However, pricing depends on the surgeon so please find a good surgeon first then consider the pricing. 

Thanks for the question. When it comes to costs of surgery, there may be many “variables” involved. The specific surgeon's credentials/experience level (or lack thereof), the specific geographic area you are looking at, the different operations available, the location of the procedure (quality of surgery facility), type/quality of anesthesia provider… are some of the potential variables involved.  You will find some average costs of surgery on this website and on individual plastic surgeons' websites as well.

In regards to outcome of the planned procedure, more important than costs of the procedures will be careful selection of your plastic surgeon. I would suggest starting with the American Society of Plastic Surgery and/or the Aesthetic Society of Plastic Surgery to obtain a list of well experienced board-certified plastic surgeons.

Then, I would suggest you visit a few surgeons whose practices concentrate on aesthetic surgery. Ask to SEE lots of examples of their work AND preferably speak/see patients who have had similar procedures done.

Be very careful with your decision-making. You will find, while doing your due diligence, that there are many different “specialties” who will offer their services to you; again, I strongly recommend you concentrate on surgeons certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery.

Again, I would also suggest that you do not base your selection of plastic surgeon primarily on costs of surgery; keep in mind that revisionary surgery may be more costly in many ways.  Best wishes.

Liposuction in the Midwest Ranges From $2700-$3600

Liposuction costs vary and are dependent upon multiple factors. These include the surgeon’s fee, facility fee, anesthesia charges, location of the liposuction procedure and the type of liposuction performed.  The approach to liposuction varies from physician to physician. Some surgeon’s use general anesthesia, some use a hospital, and some use techniques that involve expensive technology. Each of these variables can affect the cost of liposuction.

In the Midwestern United States, liposuction fees for treating the lower abdomen range from $2700 to $3600. This would typically include the surgeon’s fee, facility fee, anesthesia charges, and after care.

Cost is obviously important, but it’s also important to be comfortable with the surgeon’s qualifications and experience. Make sure you get all your questions answered and are comfortable with your surgeon.