Liposuction for Endometrial Bloating - Will This Work?

II recently had a laparoscopy and for the first time I had a flat stomach. 7 months later my bloated belly has returned and I feel quite upset as I would love to have my body back. Will liposuction work in this situation? I so desperately want to look like I am not pregnant!

+2

I guess I'll answer your question directly. NO! Bloating will not be improve via any form of liposuction. From MIAMI Dr. Darryl J. Blinski

Liposuction and Flat stomach in Atlanta

+2

There are many reasons for anyone to have a bloated abdomen. If the reason for your bloated stomach is fat, then liposuction can help. If you have weak abdominal muscles, and excess skin, you may need more than liposuction. A tummy tuck may be the answer.

However, if the reason for your bloated abdomen is from a medical condition, you need to have it evaluated prior to any cosmetic surgery. I highly recommend you visit with a board certified Plastic Surgeon prior to making any decisions. It is worth the time.

Good Luck.

Stanley Okoro, MD

Liposuction, bloating and uterine

+1

It is unlikely that liposuction will treat "bloating" following laparoscopy for evaluation of the uterus.

Liposuction & Bloating

+1

If the bloating is due to fluid or enlargement of the uterus, liposuction will not work. Liposuction only removes the fatty tissue found below the skin surface.

Usha Rajagopal, MD

Liposuction is not for bloating

+1

If you mean to say you have endometriosus and this is contributing to your bloating, liposuction would not be a good treatment for you. Please see a board certified plastic surgeon or dermatologic surgeon for a consultation if your gynecologist agrees that it would be appropriate.

Ronald Shelton, MD

Liposuction and tummy tuck deal with different problems.

+1

You'll definitely need to be examined by a board-certified plastic surgeon who can tell you what is causing your "bloated" appearance.

Liposuction will improve fat deposits outside of the abdominal muscle layer, and a tummy tuck will remove loose skin and tighten stretched muscles. The best way to know if either of these procedures would help would be to see a plastic surgeon who can determine the best course of action.

Brian K. Brzowski, MD
Ogden Plastic Surgeon

Bloating and liposuction

+1

You would absolutely need an exam before offering any suggestions. If the "bloat" that you say you have is from weak muscles, then only tightening the muscle will help with that pregnant look.