Liposuction for Back Rolls?

I had a consultation with a plastic surgeon, I was told that  I have good skin elasticity. He didn't definitively say whether I'll still have rolls after Liposuction. He showed me pictures of patients older than me without rolls. I always had some sort of bra bulge or one tiny roll, but now I have three. I constantly adjust my bra to mask the bulge(s) even when I was in great shape, so not having to do that anymore would be great. Can I expect good results for these back rolls?

Fat excess versus laxity

+1

Thank your for your question.  Often bra rolls are a combination of excess fat and excess laxity.  Depending on which is a bigger factor coolsculpting, liposuction, or bra line back lift can be utilized to improve the contour of this area.  The more laxity that is present the more a tightening procedure such as the bra line back lift should be considered.

Dr Remus Repta

Liposuction of Back Rolls is Very Effective But...

+1

Liposuction of Back Fat Rolls is very effective at reducing the problem you described of multiple back rolls. I individually suction each roll separately which seems to smooth the appearance of the entire back. This fat is more fibrous and harder to remove so often there is more swelling and bruising after surgery and sometimes more pain. Ultrasonic liposuction does improve the result in this area.

But this procedure does not remove the extra skin or laxity which is usually part of the problem. Therefor in tight fitting garments and around bras and bathing suits you may still see a smaller single roll above the strap. This is the normal stuff you described that was there before you developed the 3 rolls. Only very lean or very young women don't have some of this.
I find most patients are very happy having the back rolls reduced greatly with liposuction and can live with the extra skin.

David L. Mobley, MD, FACS
Sarasota Plastic Surgeon

Liposuction For Back Rolls

+1

The fat in the back is typically more fibrous and thick than in other area of the body. I have performed liposuction for this problem many times. I prefer using ultrasonic liposuction in these areas. I have found that this technique breaks up the fat better and gives better results. Find a plastic surgeon who has worked on these areas and feels comfortable getting good results.

Robert M. Wald, Jr., MD

I love treating that back rolls with Liposuction

+1

The upper back and bra rolls are among my favorite areas to treat with liposuction.

Even though the fat is fibrous and hard to remove with liposuction, and the swelling is persistent because patients tend to lay on their back making the fluid collect in that region, the final result is typically quite good!

Make sure you're going to an experienced plastic surgeon, and you should really be optimistic about the potential improvement.

Good luck!

Brian K. Brzowski, MD
Ogden Plastic Surgeon