Can Lipo Improve my Silhouette and Reduce my Dress Size?

I had lipo 8 years ago on my stomach, knees and thighs. I was 6/8 before and 4/6 after. I love the new contour of those areas even after gaining weight after my baby. Now I’m 8/10 and hope for 6/8 after lipo. Most of the weight gain showed up in my torso. I used to have slim arms but now I can pinch a lot of fat. I also developed back rolls and big hips. I'm considering lipo in those areas and also the knees again. Judging by my description and pictures do I have realistic expectations?

Revision Liposuction

+2

Patients frequently request liposuction to improve body contour so their clothing will fit better.  In most cases, this can be accomplished with excellent results, providing the patient is a good candidate for the procedure.
Liposuction works best when patients have localized collections of fat.  It’s important to remember this is not a weight loss procedure, but instead, a procedure that addresses problem areas.  In addition, the quality of the patient’s skin is of critical importance.  Patients with skin laxity are much more likely to develop skin sag following liposuction procedures.
In your situation, it wouldn’t be unrealistic to anticipate dropping a dress size following revisional liposuction.  Unfortunately, this might be accompanied by the development of skin sag.  This appears to be more common following secondary liposuction procedures.
It’s important to have realistic expectations.  We view computer imaging as a blueprint and not a guarantee.  The projected results with computer imaging should therefore be relatively conservative, compared to what we hope to accomplish with liposuction.  In your case, I feel that your computer imaging is somewhat aggressive and might set the stage for unrealistic expectations.
If your primary goal is looking good in a swimsuit, you might not be happy with result of your procedure because of skin sag.  If your goal is having clothes, that fit better, you should be very happy.
If your considering revision liposuction, its important to consult with a board certified plastic surgeon who has experience in this area.  A treatment plan will be formulated which will address your specific anatomic issues and aesthetic goals.  It important that these goals be realistic.

Omaha Plastic Surgeon

Liposuction may reduce dress size

+2

Liposuction can reduce your dress size. However, liposuction works best on isolated trouble areas. In other words if you have large hips and a narrow waist then after liposuction of the hips you can wear a size that matches your waist. Large volume liposuction can be done, but there are safety issues to consider. In general, liposuction is a refining tool, not a weight reduction tool.

Vero Beach Plastic Surgeon

Computer imaging not realistic

+2

Having performed over 700 laser liposuction cases (laser combine with traditional tumescent liposuction) our practice over the last three years, the answer to your question is simple. Liposuction almost always reduces size (it removes the fat). The skin retraction is variable, even in the best of hands, and to promise a patient more than this would be irresponsible. It is best to look at before and after pictures from the surgeon you wish to have performyour procedues, not computer images.

It is possible

+2

What I tell my patients is that you need two things for liposuction to be successful: fat, and skin that retracts/redrapes after the fat is removed.  You should expect to see great improvements. 

Absolutely.

+2

Hi!

You can expect dramatic improvement in shape and in the rolls, and size reduction. You have experienced the good liposuction effect already.

In our plastic surgery practice in Manhattan -- and in any responsible practice -- we don't promise perfection or that the rolls will completely "go away". And, of curse, liposuction is not the way to lose weight. But that's not what you are asking. I think your expectations are realistic.

As with all surgery, it's got to be done right. The trick with the back rolls is to do the liposuction up and down, and not side to side.

Good photographic technique!

Liposuction to reduce dress size

+1
Liposuction can definitely reduce dress size in most patients.  Judging from your photos, the problem areas you describe ( back and hips ) can benefit from tumescent liposuction.  I agree with previous comments that it is important to remember that liposuction is a contouring method, not a weight loss tool.  However, beautiful results can be achieved from contouring alone.

Web reference: http://www.drmoreaplasticsurgery.com/index.html

Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon

Can Lipo Improve my Silhouette and reduce my dress size?

+1
Patients frequently request liposuction to improve body contour so their clothing will fit better.
In most cases, this can be accomplished with excellent results , providing the patient is a good candidate for the procedure.
Liposuction works best when patients have localized collections of fat. It's important to remember this is not a weight loss procedure, but instead, a procedure that addresses problem areas.

Web reference: http://www.surgispa.net/surgery/liposuction.cfm

Liposuction Will Improve Your Silhouette and Reduce Dress Size

+1

Liposuction can definitely improve your silhouette and will very often reduce dress size.  Most often, the greatest change in dress size accompanies liposuction of the hip area.  In situations where excess fat of the thighs create the need for a larger dress, liposuction in this area alone will make the most difference.

Omaha Plastic Surgeon

Size drop with liposuction

+1
It sounds like your goal of dropping one dress size is totally realistic with liposuction. You need to discuss your goals with your surgeon - who should be a board certified plastic surgeon (plasticsurgery.org). The key after surgery is a healthy lifestyle with a good diet and exercise. Good luck!

Web reference: http://www.drshermak.com/body-surgery-baltimore/liposuction/

Better Clothing Fit After Liposuction

+1
Liposuction provides excellent reduction of problem fat deposits, particularly when they are out of proportion to the amount of fat in other parts of the body.  Most patients will report a significant improvement of the way their clothing fits after the procedure and will often be able to decrease clothing size as a result.  Nonetheless, liposuction is not a weight loss procedure, and some weight loss is often recommended in conjunction with liposuction to optimize the end result of the procedure. 
Columbus Plastic Surgeon