Lipo Revision of TT; is it Painful?

I was just wanting to know if revision of my lower pudge is painful, I have a pudge that is higher on one side than the other and I am getting a revision done. What does this consist of???

Liposuction Revision of Tummy Tuck Not that painful in most

+1

Pain from liposuction following a  tummy tuck is minimal in most especially if in the first year where you expect some numbness still to be present in the area. I generally perform revisions like you describe in the office with local anesthesia and oral sedation if needed.

Is revison after a tummy tuck painful?

+1

Tummy tucks are usually more painful than most plastic surgery procedures because the muscles are usually sewn together tightly. A revisional using liposuction should have much less discomfort. Most of my patients that have liposuction using the tumescent technique only need Tylenol after surgery, although some will use a stronger oral medication for a day or so, according to their pain tolerance.

E. Ronald Finger, MD
Savannah Plastic Surgeon

TT revision

+1

The pain will depend on what type of revision your plastic surgeon is planning to do, what type of anesthesia (local, sedation, general) is going to be utilized and the degree of your pain threshold.  Your plastic surgeon will be able to better answer those to you.  In general, the revision surgery is not as extensive as the primary (initial) surgery; therefore, I would expect that the pain would be a lot less.

Sugene Kim, MD

Lipo Revision of TT; is it Painful?

+1

it is difficult to know why it precisely your surgeon has in mind, and what sort of anesthesia he will be using. If he is planning a straight local anesthetic is quite possible to get very good anesthesia in this area and the amount of discomfort is usually limited to injecting the anesthetic. It appear having sedation or general anesthesia the discomfort typically is limited to starting an intravenous line.

If you are asking about postoperative discomfort usually it's quite modest.most patients are backed all but strenuous activities by the next day.

Do check with your surgeon about what is planned. Thank you for your question and best wishes.

Revisions of Tummy Tucks are Individualized to the patient

+1

Hi there-

Because your surgeon will be (appropriately) tailoring your revision to your individual needs and anatomy, it would not be possible to answer your question.

Please contact your surgeon for the answer. 

Armando Soto, MD, FACS

What to Expect with Revisionary Tummy Tuck Surgery?

+1

Your plastic surgeon will be in the best position to address your questions/concerns  precisely. He/she knows exactly what is planned,  what type of anesthesia is being utilized, and what your pain threshold/personality characteristics may be.

Generally speaking, the type of revisionary surgery that you are describing tends to be very well tolerated (especially compared to the your initial operation).