Verafil Vs. Permalip - Which Lip Implant is Better?

I'm wondering which lip implant is better, Verafil or Permalip? Does one look and feel more natural? I'm looking for a permanent solution for lip enhancement and these two options appealed to me the most. I'm also trying to find a Verafil plastic surgeon in New Jersey or nearby.

Permanent lip implants for lip enhancement- look before you leap

+5

Which car should I buy, the Gremlin or the Pinto?

I know lip implants are relatively new, but I have already removed several from patients who were unhappy with their unnatural feel.

I strongly disagree that silicone should ever be used as a filler in the human face. I have seen horrible disfiguring results in patients and have the misfortune of caring for many patients who were injected with small or large quantities of silicone.

Often the results look excellent for several years, thhen the lip edges start to blunt, and the silicone runs through the tissues, causing incurable swelling in many patients.

For lip augmentation we prefer autologous nontraumatized fat-fascial grafts (LiveFIll). These do not change over time and have the ability to fight infections, act as normal tissue, feel soft, etc.

Check reviews on this very website about the procedure you seem determined to get, and the comments it elicited.

http://www.realself.com/review/verafil-lip-implants-new-and-dangerous

It is amazing to me how there is a never ending stream of patients determined to have a procedure just because it is new and was featured in Allure Magazine without doing any research at all.

Verafill lip implants are very soft since they are filled with saline.

+3

Lip implants have come a long way since the old "soft form" ones which were a problem 20 yrs ago.  Verafill is one of the softest since it has saline in it but there are others which will be nice also.  Be sure to go to someone who is doing alot of lip implants to see all the styles and types.  Sincerely,

David Hansen,MD 

David Hansen, MD
Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon

Permafil or Verafil Lip Implants

+3

Permafil implant is a solid silicone implant used in the lip. Though the silicone is very soft.

Verafil is a Saline filled implant used in the lip.

if you have decided to use an implant in the lips then either one is good

1. You may feel the implant

2. Saline implant may deflate(Like saline breast implant)

3. A scar or Capsule will form around the implant and may become more stiff ( Simillar to Breast implant Capsule.)

4. Either one can be removed

5. There is a possibility of infection(Implant, foriegn body and bacteria in the mouth, make chances of infection a little more)

6. Expect swelling like any other modality of lip enhancement. also bruises.

Other modalities of lip enhancement

1. FILLER, hyaluronic acid, Temporary

2. Fat injection, permanent, may require 2 sitting of injections

Expect, swelling, bruises, partial absorbtion , possible lumpiness

3. Dermis-Fat graft. permanent, graft taken from your body, no foriegn material

Chose what you are comfortable with but understand the pros and cons of each procedure.

Lip implants, Alloderm lip augmentation, Beverly hills lip augmentation, Los Angeles lip augmentation

+2
Verafil lip implant is a Gortex covered saline filled lip implant. I used Gortex threads for lip augmentation before the company created lip implants or soft form. In my opinion, Gortex can become infected long after placement and is a bit stiff for use in the lips. Permalip implants are soft silastic and IMO are a far better option for lip augmentation than Verafil because of the Gortex I still prefer the softer more supple nature of Alloderm which, unlike either Verafil or Permalip implants, can be placed directly under the red front portion of the lips for a much more natural lip enhancement. Alloderm lasts 7 years as is my choice for lip augmentation. That was the conclusion of a scientific paper that I wrote on lip augmentation.

Silikon-1000 may be used by experienced physicians for permanent lip augmentation.

+2

Silikon-1000 is a permanent filler, so your results, good or bad, are permanent. You must find a board-certified dermatologist or facial plastic surgeon experienced with the serial puncture, micro-droplet technique. You should also have a discussion with your doctor about the FDA's position with respect to using Silikon-1000 in an off-label fashion to enhance your lips. Lastly, you should see many before and after photos demonstrating beautiful, natural results before you pick your doctor and proceed.

Several treatments, spaced at monthly intervals, are typically necessary to obtain a desired result. Procedures are performed with topical anesthetic, and there is no downtime. Complications are infrequent, and include nodule formation at the site of injection. Nodules or "bumps" occur in less than than 2% of my patients, and are easily managed, typically with only minor inconvenience.

The vast majority of my patients are thrilled by their results.

This is my filler of choice for permanent Lip Augmentation.

I've attached a link to my Lip Augmentation photos for your perusal.

I hope this is helpful for you.

Eric M. Joseph, MD
West Orange Facial Plastic Surgeon

Verafil is a saline lip implant, permalip is a solid silicone lip implant

+1

The verafil implant is newer in the market. IMO newer procedures take around 4-5 years to work out the kinks. I know that silicone lip implants have enjoyed many years of success that are longer than the verafil implant based on my knowledge and opinion. You can get great results with permalip silicone lip augmentation. Here is an informative video on the silicone lip augmentation for you to watch and learn:

Philip Young, MD
Bellevue Facial Plastic Surgeon

Lip implants

+1

I personally do not like the permanent lip implants. I think they can cause multiple problems from extrusion, infection, malposition. Stick with the fillers.