What is PermaLip Lip Augmentation?

seeking fuller lips. tired of injections that dont last. what is permalip, is it safe, how much does it cost?

Permalip Implants

+4

I recommend trying injectable fillers at least once before undergoing a permanent lip augmentation.  It is important that you really like the look of fuller lips on yourself before you commit to a permanent enhancement.  I like the Permalip implant, it looks really natural, even on older women.  It's easy to place and easy to remove should you decide to have them out or want to change the size of your implant.  I find my patients uniformly love the look once the swelling subsides.  I'm also told that, with time, they feel completely normal.

Silverdale Facial Plastic Surgeon

We continue to have great success with Permalip

+2

We now have patients who are out over a year with permalip and the results only seem to get better.

It is the best choice for patients who are tired of repeatedly injecting their lips.

Nathan Mayl, MD
Fort Lauderdale Plastic Surgeon

Permalip implants provide permanent and natural results

+2

I have used permalip implants recently to replace the nonpermanent lip procedures such a fat grafting, alloderm, and dermal fillers. The results have been gret in providing a soft and natural result. It can be performed under local anesthesia and in only 15 minutes. There are several sizes and widths to choose from to match your lips. You do have to understand that there still is a risk for infection and need for removal if this happens but it can be replaced if desired.

Christopher J. Ewart, MD
Augusta Plastic Surgeon

Lip Augmentation

+1
Permalip lip augmentation uses an implant used to increase the size of the lip permanently and is an alternative to injectables. The procedure can be performed in the office under local anesthesia. The Permalip implant is made of a soft, solid silicone and cannot rupture or deflate, and may be removed at any time.
The procedure is performed with small incisions inside the corners of your mouth. The implant is then threaded through your lips. The incisions are hidden inside your mouth and closed with dissolvable sutures.
Most surgeons offer a variety of financing options and the cost will vary depending on your anatomy, where you live, and your surgeon’s credentials.

James Chan, MD
Portland Facial Plastic Surgeon

Removing permanent fillers from the lips - Los Angeles

+1

I would recommend hyaluronic acid fillers prior to any permanent filler in the lips. I remove permanent fillers from patient's lips and do not recommend these fillers due to longterm complications. Raffy Karamanoukian Los Angeles

Raffy Karamanoukian, MD, FACS

Permal Lip

+1

We have had such good results with Perma Lip Implants, that we have pretty much stopped putting fillers in lips.  The results are much better, and the patients are happy. The implants are very safe, and in most cases, be performed in the office using a dental block.

Robert E. Zaworski, MD

PermaLip is a great investment

+1

Permalip™ is made of very soft, solid silicone which is tapered at each end to match the natural shape of the lips.
The implants cannot leak or rupture, and come in a variety of sizes (9 in total) depending on the amount of lip augmentation required.

How does it work?
The procedure takes approximately 15 minutes and is performed under local anaesthetic.
The implants are inserted via two small, 4mm incisions at the corner of the mouth on the upper and low lips. The implant is then passed through a tunnel created in the lip and centred; the incisions are then stitched closed with absorbable sutures.

Is it temporary or permanent?
Although Permalip™ is designed to be a permanent lip enhancement, it can be easily reversed by implant removal, due to the smooth surface of the implant.
This surface, which consists of a proprietary coating to avoid the silicone coming in direct contact with the body, stops tissue in-growth into the implant and reduces the development of excess scar tissue..

Reported side effects
Patients should expect their lips to swell post-operatively quite disproportionately to the minimally invasive nature of the procedure, with swelling lasting for 3 – 4 days and bruising for 7 – 8 days. Lips will still be sensitive to pressure for about 2 weeks.
This may cause difficulties with speaking, smiling, eating and drinking for a short time.
Potential risks include scarring (at the insertion points), which should fade over time, and infection.
Post-operative advice includes the taking of anti-biotic and anti-viral medication to avoid any potential infection and foreign body reactions. 

Cost of treatment
Costs for Permalip™ treatment can range from approximately $3000-$4000

Daniel Shapiro, MD

Permalip augmentation is lip enhancement with a silicone solid implant

+1

This procedure is a relative quick operation that takes about 30-minutes to an hour depending on what specifically is done and any specifics of the persons anatomy. Here is a video on perma lip augmentation.

Philip Young, MD
Bellevue Facial Plastic Surgeon

Lip Augmentation for fuller lips

+1

Permalip is a solid silicone implant used to create fuller lips. Other implant choices are a saline filled, gortex coated implant and Alloderm which is freeze dried tissue. The first two are permanent but are more stiff and could possibly move or migrate to the surface. I prefer Alloderm and have done many over the past 15 years because it is softer and can be placed below the pink portion of the lip and above the lip muscle. It lasts about 7 years.

You may wish to see a plastic and cosmetic surgeon that has experience using sevral lip implants and can explain the pluses and minuses of each.

Permalip implants

+1

Permanent lip implants are not my favorite,, They can extrude, get infected, and be malpositioned. I would use fillers.