How Much Does a Lifestyle Lift Cost?

Is the Lifestyle Lift expensive? How much does Lifestyle Lift cost and what are my payment plan or financing options?  How does Lifestyle Lift price compare with the cost of other mini lift surgeries?

Add to your Lifestyle Lift cost any revision surgery you require

+13

Our practice specializes in revision facelifts. Revision facelifts are our most common procedure. I have seen a number of LifeStyle lift patients.

Their scarring was considerable and in some cases the location of incisions inexplicable. They had the same scars as they would have had from a full facelift, but only a little skin had been undermined. The results were subpar to say the least.

The cost to revise the work was greater than it would have been had they come here initially. The work was performed by doctors very early in their careers. In all cases, they chose the procedure because of the low price.

I have seen the website of LSL and the pictures were impressive. They looked nothing like the patients who came into my office. The revisional work I offered them consisted of completely redoing the facelift, tightening the jawline by much greater undermining, restoring volume to hollowed areas, and removing the LSL scars and placing the scars in less obtrusive areas, reconstructing the pulled earlobes and tragus, and restoring the posterior hairline.

In all fairness, I have only seen unhappy LSL patients, and it is possible there are people out there who are happy with their procedure.

You Get What You Pay For....Or Not!

+12

As the popularity of cosmetic surgery has grown, so has the competition to attract more patients. This has created price competition as well as a thriving market in medical tourism. The expanded awareness has also spurred creativity in the marketing of "new" procedures designed to fill a certain price-point, which also can be marketed as "less-invasive" or "faster recovery" in order to appeal to patients who might be testing the waters of cosmetic surgery for the first time.

The Lifestyle Lift is one such procedure, marketed as a one-hour facelift, outpatient procedure. It is essentially a short-scar, limited facelift. Although under limited circumstances, this may provide an adequate improvement, for the majority of patients it is destined to fall short of expectations.

Most patients with significant signs of facial aging will require a more comprehensive diagnostic and therapeutic approach to achieve an aesthetically-pleasing facial rejuvenation. The forehead and brow, upper and lower eyelids, mid-face cheek and jowls, and neck areas all should be evaluated. A harmonious improvement often requires treatment of all areas simultaneously, rather than a piecemeal approach.

A limited incision facelift like the Lifestyle Lift cannot address all these areas, and therefore while there may be some apparent improvement initially (often largely due to the appearance of enhanced facial volume due to post-operative swelling), the improvement will not be long-lasting, and the areas where necessary improvements were neglected will become more obvious.

A beautiful facelift should preserve and restore a patient's natural and more youthful appearance, and should never leave a patient looking "not like themselves."

It can be tempting to consider a low-cost procedure with a quick recuperation that bills itself as equal to a "traditional" facelift, but the cosmetic surgery market now more than ever requires a "buyer beware" approach. It is of no use to throw good money after bad, rather than making the correct purchasing decision in the first place.

Make sure you know the difference between apples and oranges. Remember that a procedure that costs more now but provides a longer-lasting improvement is a better value than a cheaper procedure that won't hold up over time.

Athleo Louis Cambre, MD

Lifestyle Lift is a gimmick at any price.

+11

Hi! In general, it is best to avoid operations with a brand name or a catchy title. In real scientific medicine, there are no secrets.

Here's what to do: Go to a board certified plastic surgeon, and ask her or him what can be done for you with minimally invasive surgery. And ask to see a lot of before and after pictures. Then get another opinion.

I don't know any reputable surgeon who does the Lifestyle Lift. So you can draw your own conclusions.

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)

The most improtant question about the Lifestyle Lift is...

+11

The most improtant question about the Lifestyle Lift is not the cost but whether or not it will give you the result you want and whether it will last as long as you are hoping.

It is a kind of "mini" facelift and because of that it usually cannot deliver as dramatic an improvement or one that lasts as long as a properly performed cheek and neck lift. This is especially true if you have a lot of loose skin and/or fat in the front of your neck, below your chin. The results of a Lifestyle Lift for these patients will be especially short lived and less impressive.

Make sure to read all the patient reviews of this procedure because there are so many who have not been satisfied.

Richard P. Rand, MD, FACS

Price isn't the concern for Lifestyle Lift!

+8

The Lifestyle Lift is nothing more than a limited incision facelift. The term Lifestyle lift has been trademarked by a coporation that has placed centers around the U.S. and hired surgeons (some of them very qualified) to perform the lift. In some cases, you might be a good candidate for a Lifestyle lift, but the problem is that you may not receive the appropriate procedure for your particular problem or the necessary pre and post-operative care you deserve by going to a mass marketed facelift center.

A well-trained facial plastic surgeon can tailor a facelift to fit the individual patient and deliver results whether it is a limited incision lift or a deep-plane facelift. As with any cosmetic surgery choose your surgeon wisely and look for someone who has a whole arsenal of tools. "If the only tool you have in your toolbox is a hammer, then every problem must be a nail."

Edward Buckingham, MD
Austin Facial Plastic Surgeon

Lifestyle Lift is a "proprietary" procedure

+8

To my knowledge, the Lifestyle Lift is a "proprietary" procedure, which is to say that this company holds their procedure as a "trade secret."

The American Medical Association has come out against holding any medical procedure as proprietary and believes that this goes against the nature of the medical profession. I concur.

A Latin phrase comes to mind here, "caveat emptor," which translates to "buyer beware." This is a corporate practice of medicine, which for plastic surgery is ill-suited.

In my mind, Plastic Surgery is a personalized, problem-solving specialty that is founded on establishing and building patient relationships based on communication and trust. It is not that this isn't perhaps possible in the infomercial-marketing, commissions-based environment. But it's not likely (at least not likely to be consistent).

I could relate from experiences patients have shared with me their problems and dissatisfaction with this "procedure," but at the same time I am sure there are happy "customers" as well (do they call them patients when the Dr. doesn't isn't involved in the initial planning of your procedure?).

Cosmetic medicine is often "sold" based upon one or two great before and after pictures. But, understand that a few B&As do not make a great procedure. It takes being the optimal candidate for the procedure and having an honest communication with your surgeon about anticipated results to come to realistic expectations.

Shouldn't your surgeon be skilled and capable enough to individualize your treatment such that no one "cookbook" facelift is what you get, just because of the highly discounted fee the surgeon will collect due to the high marketing costs?

Bottom Line: Caveat Emptor (Buyer Beware). Choose a professional based upon that professional's skill, experience, reputation and open communication, not from an infomercial.

Hope this helps.

Nick Slenkovich, MD
Denver Plastic Surgeon

Cost of a Facelift

+8

The price of a lifestyle lift is likely far less than a facelift customized for you by an experienced, well trained plastic surgeon. But, the cost in terms of complications, unsatisfactory results or possible reoperations could be very significant. The results of a good facelift are long lasting. The results of a bad facelift are forever.

My time on the day of surgery will benefit my patients the rest of their lives. Personally, for me, it would be a soulless pursuit for my office to just collect the patients payment and then rush through the a 'cookie cutter' procedure and obtain a mediocre result. The real joy is doing my very best knowling my patients and their families have trusted me with their faces and their well-being and providing the best result possible to the patient.

One size fits all surgery will rarely proviude patients with the desired results. Today the popular media is filled with reports of the "latest and greatest" aesthetic treatments and procedures (including surgical procedures) many of which come and go in the blink of an eye. In some instances the "latest thing" may merely turn out to be ineffective, but in some cases it may turn out to have an unacceptably high risk of complications, and in a few cases it may turn out to be, quite frankly, dangerous.

Buyer beware: a number of ‘limited incision’ and ‘quick recovery’ facelift procedures are currently marketed to patients with names like “The Quicklift”, “The Lifestyle Lift”, “The Weekend Facelift”, “The S Lift”, “The MACS Lift”, etc. As with most things in life, if it sounds too good to be true, it usually is. In my opinion, the results of surgery are in direct proportion to the time and effort that the surgeon has put into the procedure. Most of the procedures I have listed above cut corners to arrive at a shorter surgical time and quicker recovery (which, by the way, isn’t always the case), and most of them undertreat or do not at all improve the neck. Additionally, ‘cutting corners’ in the neck almost always leads to distortion of the neck area skin, which often is quite readily apparent in ‘before and after’ images of these procedures with gimmicky names.

Surgical treatment of facial aging changes must be carefully individualized to match each patient's aesthetic needs and desires. No two 'facelifts', by necessity, are the same. In helping a patient to make decisions about plastic surgery for facial rejuvenation, I always examine and assess how each aesthetic area or 'unit' of the face contributes to an individual's overall appearance: the brows and eyelids, the cheeks or 'midface', the lower face and chin, and the neck. An individualized surgical plan is then developed which addresses each patient's specific concerns and needs.

Consult with a plastic surgeon who has experience and expertise in both surgical and non-surgical facial rejuvenation to determine the treatment plan that is best for you.

Michael Law, MD
Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon

Calculating the true cost of Lifestyle Lift

+8

To calculate the true cost of a lifestyle lift, add the cost of a second revision operation by a board certified plastic surgeon.

Next, add the cost of dissatisfaction and the embarrassment of facial distortion until you can get the problems fixed.

Robert M. Freund, MD

Great facelift result comes from the surgeon

+7

The concept of performing facelifts or mini facelifts under local anesthesia is not new. What is new is the mass marketing campaigns and the time constraints placed on performing a facelift. Every surgeon has their own operative tempo, and some can successfully perform a facelift in a short period of time. However, what I have seen in my practice is a number of poorly performed facelift that truly looked "rushed".

The craftsmanship and attention to detail in many cases was poor. I think at the end of the day, your face is your greatest asset and decisions to get any facial procedure needs to be made carefully. Seeking an experienced Facial Plastic Surgeon or Plastic Surgeon who performs facelifts regularly and consistently gets nice results is your best bet.

Amir M. Karam, MD
San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon

Regarding the cost of a Lifestyle Lift, you get what you pay for

+7

In my experience, the patients I have seen who have had the lifestyle lift had a result that lasted for less than a year. They were not happy and felt that they still needed more surgery. Thus they felt that they had wasted their money.

William B. Rosenblatt, MD