How Long Does a Lifestyle Lift Last?

How long does the Lifestyle Lift last?

Mini-lifts are no substitute for good surgery.

+6

Lifestyle lifts, like other mini-lift procedures, promise minimal to no downtime with a short "minimal" surgical procedure. Usually, if it sounds too good to be true, then it probably is. This is no different. These types of lifts are performed in a wide variety of ways. Usually, they are skin only lifts. This is where the surgeon makes small incisions around the ear, lifts the skin of the cheek and jawline, and closes. There is no treatment of the underlying structure. The skin lift is minimal. This is how it can be performed in less than an hour under local anesthetic.

A good long lasting "traditional" facelift is also performed in a variety of ways. They are similar in that the layer beneath the surface of the skin, callled the SMAS, is the one that is lifted. This layer connects the muscles of the neck with the superficial muscles of the face. Also, the neck muscles are treated by making an additional incision just under the chin. This allows the superficial neck muscles, which give support to the facelift, to be treated. Once the SMAS layer is lifted, the skin can be redrapped and the excess trimmed. This gives a natural, tension free lift. The neck angle is sharp and the corners of the mouth are not pulled. This lift usually does not require any type of tuck up for at least 10-15 years! This procedure requires a deeper sedation or general anesthetic and typically takes about 2-3 hours to perform. The healing time is about a week before the sutures are removed.

Annapolis Facial Plastic Surgeon

Longevity of Lifestyle Lift results

+3

No one really knows what a lifestyle lift really is, and therefore no one can really tell you how long it will last. Different surgeons in different locations perform different techniques. I don't want to sound too sarcastic, but it's kind of like saying, "What type of haircut will I get at Supercuts?"

What is the longevity of a lifestyle lift?

+2

The lifestyle lift is a trademark rather than an actual procedure. It generally refers to a lower facelift and neck lift. There is nothing revolutionary about the procedure. It is typically performed using what is referred to as a SMAS imbrication or plication technique. These are terms that refer to the technique used to anchor the muscle in the face and neck underneath the skin.

If a fundamentally sound SMAS anchoring technique if performed, then the longevity of the results should be seven years or even more, depending on the patient.

I would advise that you do at least three consultations with qualified and experienced facial plastic surgeons who will take the time to taylor the procedure to your specific needs. Most private practice surgeons will provide a much more personal experience with better results than you could expect at a place like lifestyle lift. Good Luck!

Todd C. Miller, MD

Lifestyle lift longevity

+2

A lifestyle lift is a modified limited scar facelift often done by doctors that are not plastic surgeons because the soft tissue are not undermined significantly and the soft tissuea re not redistributed like in a classic facelift, I suspect that it does not last as long. I would recommend a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon.

How long does a lifestyle lift last?

+1
 That's a good question to ask a lifestyle lift sales associate or doctor. Mini lifts tend to not last as long as a comprehensive lower face and neck lift.
 In our practice, we perform a comprehensive lower face and neck lift which addresses tightening the neck muscles in 3 locations, removal of fat above and below the platysma muscle in the neck, tightening this SMAS and jowls and tightening the inelastic facial and neck skin. Our goal is to rejuvenate the face, so patient's don't look like they had a facelift, but they just look better. For many examples, please see the link below to our comprehensive face lift photo gallery