Laser Hair Removal for Pubic Area - How Many Treatments Needed?

I am considering having lazer hair removal of my pubic region. I have dark brown, curly hair and it is the same in my pubic region. I think it looks aweful and was wondering if someone could give me an estimate of the number of treatments needed and average cost of having it done?

Laser hair removal works in six to eight treatments.

+3

Laser hair removal should take anywhere from six to eight treatments. In any case, it should first be determined if you are a good candidate for laser hair removal before you start treatment. The industry best practice for determining if you are a good candidate, and what energy level to use is the Fitzpatrick scale. It is best to schedule a consultation to find out where you fall on that scale. At the Victoria Park Medispa we offer complimentary consultations as well as a reduced rate after the initial six treatments (touch-up rate). Remember Laser Hair Removal will never get rid of 100% of the hair; it is a permanent hair reduction and you should be wary of anyone promising otherwise. The permanent reduction should be in the range of 80% to 95%.

Montreal Dermatologic Surgeon

Number of Laser Hair Removal Treatments Needed

+1
The average number of laser hair removal treatments needed is usually 6-9 treatments which gives most people about 80-90% hair reduction. The hair that you have remaining after your treatments should be sparse and much thinner. It is always best to have a consultation to determine if you are a good candidate for treatment and get more accurate pricing. There are also different types of lasers out there that may or may not work on specific skin types, so you should find out if certain lasers will be effective/safe for your particular skin type and hair type.

Steven H. Williams, MD

Laser Hair Removal for the Pubic Region

+1

With multiple Laser hair removal treatments, significant long-term reduction can be achieved. In general, two or more treatments are required at each site. For the pubic region, often four to six treatments are necessary. The laser is only effective when the hair follicle is in its active growth phase.  Repeat sessions will be necessary to treat those follicles when they re-enter the growth phase.  Optimal long-term benefits depend on the area you wish to have treated, the hair density, and your hair’s growth cycle.  Darker hair responds best to the laser, while lighter hair is less responsive.

Mitchell Schwartz, MD
South Burlington Dermatologic Surgeon

Laser Hair Removal Basics

+1

The first and second treatments should be scheduled four weeks apart. After the third and fourth treatments it would be good to wait five to six weeks in between treatments. After the fifth treatment and beyond, you can have a six week break between treatments. This is what our practice has seen to have the most effective results for laser hair removal and keeps the hair growth cycles in consideration. The total number is typically between 6 and 8 treatments. The fees vill vary based on your geographical location.

Michael Sullivan, MD
Columbus Facial Plastic Surgeon

Laser Hair Removal

+1

I would say anywhere from 6-10 treatments. 1 Treatment per month at least.  After your first and second treatment you should notice a significant amount of hair loss. All laser machines are different so make sure the office you choose and technicians are up to date on the best technolgy and care you can be offered. Best of Luck!

Thanks
Sofia Rubbani, MD, FACS, ASLMS
AACS
NYU School of Medicine

Sofia Rubbani, MD
Manhattan Oculoplastic Surgeon

Laser hair removal

+1
Laser hair removal usually requires around eight monthly treatments and costs a couple hundred dollars per treatment minimum.

Ronald Shelton, MD