Would Laser Hair Removal Treat my Folliculitis?

I have been dealing with a recurring folliculitis problem on the back of the scalp/neck that i am wondering how to treat. it has been ongoing for years (before i started shaving my head) and i believe was brought on my long term use of tetracyclines. it cleared up while on accutane, so my derm wants to do this again. the rest of my skin is clear. if laser treats it, i would much rather go that route. any insight would be appreciated, as im very desperate for a remedy.

Laser hair removal works on pseudofolliculitis

+2

Laser hair removal may not work on true bacterial folliculitis. In some cases it may if the patient is also treated with an antibiotic if the disease can be diagnosed with a culture .

Laser hair removal only helps ingrown hairs

+1

If you have pseudofolliculitis barbae (ingrown hairs) laser hair removal would be helpful.  It would cause temporary baldness, but after one treatment session, most of the hair would regrow. 

San Antonio Dermatologist

Need A biospy !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

+1

May need  a  biopsy  back there to nail down the diagnosis--   There may  be other factors involved !!!

Until you punch it is  just  a  hunch  !!

Newport Beach Dermatologist