Can I Lay out in the Sun a Couple Days After Coolsculpting?

I was just wondering if I would be able to lay out in the sun a few days after coolsculpting. I had the procedure done on my lower abdomen and lower flanks. I don't want to do anything that will screw it up or hurt myself. Thanks!

Sun Bathing after CoolSculpting

+1
Thank you for your question. I would advise staying out of the sun for 1-2 weeks post treatment. If you do go out in the sun, make sure to cover the treated areas. Best of luck.

Can I lay out in the Sun After Coolsculpting?

+1

Hi,

There are not studies to show it is unsafe to get sun on the treated areas or that it would cause a difference in your results from Coolsculpting.  The only time this would be of concern would be if you had a small bruise after Coolsculpting, you want to prevent any hyperpigmentation of that area with sunscreen.  In any case, you would want to use a SPF of 45 or above every two hours to all sun exposed areas to prevent both skin cancer and wrinkles!

Dr. Liu

Grace Liu, MD
Newport Beach Dermatologic Surgeon

Sun tanning after Coolsculpting with adequate protection.

+1

Sun tanning after Coolsculpting with adequate protection is safe. Bee sure and use a sunblock with Zinc oxide and titanium dioxide and reapply it every 90 minutes. If you have redness or tingling over the treated area just avoid direct sun so that the area does not develop hyperpigmentation.

Laurie Casas, MD

Sun after CoolSculpting

+1

I would recommend avoiding sun exposure for 1-2 weeks after the procedure as there may be a small risk of developing “post-inflammatory-hyperpigmentation” over the treatment area. 

Teresa Mann, MD
Bozeman Dermatologist

Sun exposure and CoolSculpting

+1

Although there are no studies proving the following, it would be wise to avoid sunexposure on any bruises in case that increases the chance of developing pigmentation concerns.  The sun exposure also puts you at risk of developing skin cancer so please don't get sun burned and practice safe sun, using an appropriate ultraviolet A and B sunscreen. It's best medical care to just avoid trying to get  a tan.

Ronald Shelton, MD

Laying Out in the Sun after Coolsculpting

+1

There have been no studies that show that you would be causing any problems by laying out in the sun after Coolsculpting.

I always recommend to my patients to use proper sunscreen to protect their skin from the harmful rays of the sun.