3 Weeks After CoolSculpting I'm Bigger than Before Surgery From Bloating, Normal?

Hi. I had CoolSculpting done three weeks ago. I know the results can take two to four months but I'm nervous that I still feel very bloated and bigger than before I had the treatment on my stomach and inner thighs. I have been very careful with my diet...even better than before treatment and exercise regularly with running, biking, and home workout videos? My weight is also up on the scale and not changing even though I'm following my Weight Watcher point system carefully? I'm scared.

Swelling and weight gain after CoolSculpting by Zeltiq

+2

Fluid retention is part of inflammation which occurs during the processing by your body of the dead fat cells from CoolSculpting by Zeltiq. It is probably the water that is being retained in the dermis and subcutaneous tissues that accounts for the weight gain despite your careful observation of your dietary caloric intake. Not everyone sees the gain that you've noticed, but continue to exercise and watch your meals and you should see the improvement in the next several weeks.

Web reference: http://www.thenyac.com/zeltiq/index.html

Swelling after Coolsculpting

+2

It sounds like you are swollen.  This is a normal part of the process.  The Coolsculpting treatment causes the fat cells to die.  As this happens, your body will begin an inflammatory response to remove these dead cells.  This will cause some swelling and sometimes some discomfort.  This would possibly explain the weight gain as well. But definitely contact and talk with your doctor.

Web reference: http://www.DiscoverTheBeauty.com

Swelling after CoolSculpting

+1

Typically, there is minimal to no downtime after the treatment though patients may experience temporary pain or discomfort. Side effects can include redness, bruising, swelling, tenderness to the touch, cramping, itching, tingling, and numbness. It sounds like you are experiencing swelling, which is normal and not permanent. You will experience the most dramatic results after two months. But your body will still flush out fat cells and continues doing so for up to four to six months after treatment.