Can Latisse Permanently Darken the Skin of my Eyelids?

three months ago i read about the efectiveness of latisse, though mentioning it could darken eyelids irreversibly. is it true?

It goes away once you stop using Latisse

+1
With any medical product, Latisse also has its own related side effects and risks, and one is a darkening and/or reddening of the skin in the area where Latisse is applied. This side effect is temporary and will resolve when you stop using Latisse.

Latisse Darkening Eyelid Skin

+1

Although darkening of the eyelid skin from application of Latisse is uncommon, the increase in pigmentation will typically reverse itself and fade away over time without treatment once you discontinue the medication.

Mitchell Schwartz, MD
South Burlington Dermatologic Surgeon

Latisse can darken eyelids but a rare side effect

+1

Latisse is a wonderful product and my patients are thrilled with the results. A very infrequent side effect is pigment change (darkening) of the eyelid skin. I have only seen this in one patient and it should resolve if the product is discontinued. There are no reports of Latisse changing the color of the iris of the eye. When it was used as a Glaucoma medication, it was applied as an eye drop and had a rare side effect of eye color change. Latisse should only be applied to the upper eyelid once daily at bedtime, and you should stop using it if any irritation (another possible side effect) or discoloration develop. If you have Glaucoma, you should check with your eye doctor before using Latisse.

Steven L. Ringler, MD, FACS
Grand Rapids Plastic Surgeon

LATISSSE AND EYELID DARKENING

+1

Latisse has been reported to cause increased pigmentation of the eyelid skin. In most cases the pigment disappeared when Latisse use was stopped.

Latisse may also cause irreversible darkening of light colored eyes.

These side effects, as well as any pre-existing ocular conditions should be discussed with your physician  before using Latisse.

Adam J. Cohen, MD
Skokie Oculoplastic Surgeon

Latisse does NOT darken Eyelids

+1
Latisse does darken eyelids. If applied to the eyeball itself in higher concentrations Latisse may change blue and green eyes into dark brown.