What Happens when You Stop Using Latisse?

Once you stop Latisse....

+2

Once you stop using Latisse, your eyelashes will gradual return to the way they were before you started using the product.  You'll start to notice the go back to their normal 'shedding' cycle.  Because grow accustom to not losing lashes so quickly, sometimes they think that stopping Latisse has caused them to lose their lashes...not the case....You are just reverting back to the way they were.  If you've been using Latisse for a while and have achieved the results you want, most people can go to an every other night application for maintenance.

Dr. Grant Stevens           

Stopping Latisse means a gradual return to your normal lashes

+1

Latisse typically takes 4 months of continued nightly use to achieve maximum results, and I agree with others who have answered this question that maintenance therapy around every other night can maintain the longer, darker lashes.  If you quit Latisse "cold turkey,"  your eyelashes will fall out according to their natural hair cycle and be replaced with your native lashes (shorter, lighter in color, and less in number).  I have had several patients that notice an initial shedding period after discontinuing Latisse, although these are anecdotal in nature.

Melanie D. Palm, MD
San Diego Dermatologic Surgeon

If I stop using Latisse...?

+1

Just like it took 8 weeks for you to see the maximum results from using Latisse, so too will it take approximately 8 weeks for your eyelashes to return to their previous length and thickness. The results are maintained as long as you use the product...

Sorry.

William A. Wallace, MD, FACS
Jacksonville Plastic Surgeon

What Happens When You Stop Latisse

+1

If you stop using Latisse completely, your lashes will gradually return to the length they were before. There are approximately 100 to 150 eyelashes on each upper eyelid. The growth of eyelashes is cyclical, going through 3 stages: a growth phase, a transition phase, and a resting phase. At any given time, numerous hair follicles can be found in each of the different stages. The growth phase of an average eyelash hair is approximately 1 to 2 months. Latisse has been shown to increase the amount of time each eyelash hair remains in the growing phase. After several months, when you have achieved the look you want, I recommend using Latisse 2 to 3 times per week to maintain your longer lashes.

Mitchell Schwartz, MD
South Burlington Dermatologic Surgeon

Latisse for eyelash growth

+1

Latisse is a wonderful product to create thicker, fuller, longer eyelashes.  The results will last as long as you continue on the product.  Once you stop using it, the results will fade.

Jason Brett Lichten, MD
Columbus Plastic Surgeon