Will Laser Treatments Minimize my Large Pores?

I have large pores on my nose area (especially in the center not so much at the side) and it is very ugly.. It looks like a strawberry. So, when I google the problem, one of the medical procedures it says to minimize the appearance of large pores is laser treatment. So what kind of laser treatment is best to minimize the large pores. What is the procedure like. How long before I see results? Thank you.

CO2 Laser Resurfacing, IPL for large pores

+2

When you say strawberry, is your nose red as well?  There are a couple of ways to approach this condition.  First, let me say that the size of pores are often genetic, they can stretch though if they become clogged with sebum.  The Lumenis FX CO2 Deep and Active is my fractional laser of choice and it performs very well in minimizing/refining the pores.  There is downtime involved for the healing process; usually about a week.  Intense Pulsed Light is known as well to minimize pores through a series of treatments with no downtime.  If you have redness as well, this treatment will greatly diminish the redness.  Both treatments will help improve texture.

Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon

Fractional Laser-Decrease Pore Size

+2

Individual results vary based upon various factors; current pore size, patient skin type, type of laser (CO2, Erbium, IPL, ect.), and prior treatments. A consultation with a physician who personally performs the laser treatment will also be helpful. During your consultation, the physician should address your concerns and set reasonable expectations based upon their experience with the laser and its settings. Be sure to inquire about the number of treatments needed as well as the downtime (redness) following each treatment. Specifically ask if you will have a dressing applied following your treatment, if you can drive home and when you can return to work. 

Jason S. Cooper, MD

Laser for large pores

+2

There are a million things on the market that say that they will minimize pore size, and they will not. They can clear them out making them appear smaller but the BEST treatment for minimizing pore size is a fractional laser. Our company has the top of the line Sciton laser with Pro fractional Laser capabilities. It works by ablation which is a fancy way of saying it removes the skin.  Little micro columns of skin are ablated to the depth of the technicians choice based on your need and downtime. by removing these micro columns of skin your body begins to heal itself, in turn actually shrinking your pores. A good analogy would be aeration of your lawn, removing small plugs helps your lawn grow and flourish, this procedure is like aeration for your face. 

Phillip Chang, MD
Leesburg Plastic Surgeon