What Laser Treatment is Best to Get Rid of Acne Scars, Discoloration, and Sun Damage with the Least Amount of Recovery Time?

I completed a successful course of Acutane in the spring and now I'm left with many scars and pigmentation all over my face. It's easily covered with foundation, but I still would like to feel complete confidence with a bare face. What would be the best option for me if I can't afford too much down time since I'm a full time college student and work and travel?

Acne scars

+1

Nonablative fractional resurfacing would be beneficial for the pigmentation/photodamage and will help lessen the acne scars with much less downtime than ablative lasers. Nonablative lasers are gentler so more treatment sessions will be required..  Further, your acne scars will likely require other types of treatments since some appear to be "ice pick" scars which are very difficult to treat. Acne scarring is difficult and I would recommend consulting a board certified dermatologist who is experienced in lasers and acne scar treatment. Best wishes.

Longmont Dermatologic Surgeon