Laser Tattoo Removal Blistering Getting Worse? (photo)

I'm currently having a large tribal tattoo removed I've had 5 sessions so far (split design into 3, so 2 sections have now had 2 sessions) The area which received it's second session last night has blistered. Lots. Really big blisters... Is this normal? The first session didn't really blister - i mean, it did, but not to this extent. These are around the size of cashew nut blisters! Will this happen every session?

Tattoo Removal Blistering

+1

Blistering of the skin is not uncommon following laser tattoo removal.  I would recommend you return to the provider who performed the treatment to have the area checked if you are having a significantly different response than your initial treatment.  Best Regards,

Pensacola Facial Plastic Surgeon

Blisters can happy

+1

Blisters can happen with laser tattoo removal. I assume you are seeing an office where there is a board certified dermatologist or physician with advanced understanding of lasers as you want to make sure they are approaching the treatment in a appropriate fashion. You might want to call the office and see if they did anything differently this time.

Omar Ibrahimi, MD
Stamford Dermatologic Surgeon