What is the Best Tattoo Removal Laser for Lightening Green and Blue Colored Ink?

I am undergoing laser tattoo removal for a large, bright, multi-colored tattoo. I've been for a few sessions, & am seeing decent results on the pinks, reds, oranges, yellows, blacks, but not much of a difference at all on the greens & blues. My laser specialist is using a Cynosure Affinity QS , & has told me the green, especially, will be difficult to fade. Is there is another laser that might work better on this color? I'm thinking of switching to another laser tech for this color only.

Removal of Green and BlueTattoo Ink

+2

Our studies at the Laser & Skin Surgery Center of New York have demonstrated rapid removal of green and blue tattoo ink with the PicoSure laser. In fact, we now consider green and blue to be the easiest colors to remove.

Picosure Laser for Green Tattoos

+1

Hi Lotus--  The Picosure laser is the latest advance in laser tattoo removal.  Studies have shown that tattoos can be treated with significantly fewer treatments, when compared to other lasers, such as the q-switched alex and Nd: YAG.  If fact, some tattoos will be 90% improved with one treatment.  The Picosure laser is particularly good at treating some tattoos that are resistant to other lasers.   Hope this helps!

William Groff, DO
San Diego Dermatologist

Alexandrite for Green Tattoo Removal

+1

Hi Lotus.  While the Q-switched Nd:Yg laser may be able to remove green color (we use the Medlite C6), it can take more treatments than an Alexandrite laser.  

What's most important when considering tattoo removal is the type of laser being used (NOT brand name) and who is doing the treatment.  You want an experienced laser practitioner and an Alexandrite wavelength for your green color to have it respond the quickest.  Good luck.

Harold J. Kaplan, MD