Laser Hair Treatment #1, It Appears Nothing has Happened, Normal?

its been a week since my first laser treatment, and it appears that nothing has happened. i.e- the hair is still growing, at a fairly rapid rate. Is this normal? I thought some hairs, or all, should fall out.

Laser Treatment for Hair Removal

+1

What type of laser treatment did you have? For laser treatment hair removal it typically takes more than a week for results and more than one treatment. I would discuss with the original doctor who did the treatment to get a better idea of when you will see results and/or how many additional treatments are needed.

Redondo Beach Dermatologic Surgeon

First Laser Treatment

+1

It may take a while to see a change and it make take a second treatment. Different lasers and different settings get different results. Also patients react differently depending on the hair type and color along with skin color.

Web reference: http://www.aventuraplasticsurgery.com

Miami Facial Plastic Surgeon

First week after Laser Hair Treatment

+1

The laser is causing the follicle to stop producing a new hair and can take several weeks for production to shut down.