Laser Hair Removal Burns, Will these be Permanent? (photo)

hello, I had a laser hair removal treatment on legs almost 2 weeks ago, and I got burnt. I think the reason I got burnt was due to the high intensity of the laser, and most probably the renowned aisthetician did not know what she was really doing. I had laser before and everything went just fine. Could you please advise if these burns will leave me a mark or a permanent discoloration? Will I be able to continue the laser hair removal sessions at a later time? How bad this is for the skin?

Superficial crusting after laser hair removal

+2

Assuming the picture on the far right is the latest picture, you do not have post inflammatory hyperpigmentation but superficial crusting from the treatment. Most appear to be healing well, but there is at least one spot of hypopigmentation. You are still at risk for both hypo and hyperpigmentation. Keep your legs protected from the sun and keep them moist and covered with Aquaphor ointment.   More than likely you will heal just fine without any permanent pigment abnormalities. 

Sacramento Dermatologic Surgeon

Laser hair removal burns

+1

Your photos suggest you are developing post inflammatory hyperpigmentation from your Laser hair removal treatments. Potential risks of laser hair removal include temporary or permanent hypo-pigmentation or hyper-pigmentation. This can occur even when optimal laser treatment parameters are used. Fortunately most instances of hyperpigmentation are temporary and tend to fade over time. We instruct all our patients to make sure the area has had no sun exposure for one month prior and one month after the laser procedure. Daily use of an effective sunscreen is key, regardless as to whether you are going outdoors. Also, make sure you are not taking any photosensitizing medications or over-the-counter supplements known to cause photosensitivity. You should consider applying prescription-strength 4% hydroquinone cream to the areas of hyperpigmentation to help them fade more quickly.

Web reference: http://www.dorsetstreetdermatology.com/cosmetic-dermatology/laser-hair-removal/

South Burlington Dermatologic Surgeon