Will Laser Genesis Improve Syringomas Under my Eyes?

I have significant syrignomas in my lower eyelid area. I am having Laser Genesis for fine lines and wrinkles and am wondering if I can expect any improvement in the syrignomas as well.

Laser Genesis For Syringomas

+2

Laser Genesis will not help your syringomas.  Light hyfrecation ( burning off with an  electric needle ) would be the best way to proceed.

Beverly Hills Dermatologist

Laser Genesis for Syringoma?

+2

Hello.  It's very, very unlikely that syringoma would be improved with a Laser Genesis treatment.  We use something called a hyfrecator, which can be thought of as an "electric pen".  It's a device used to heat and remove bumpy lesions such as skin tags.  This would be much more appropriate in our mind. 

In addition, while there is some benefit to nonablative lasers like Genesis for fine lines and wrinkles, generally speaking an ablative laser resurfacing (one with downtime) or injection procedures will work much better. 

We're right around the corner in the South Bay if you want to get a second opinion (free consultation).  See the link below for our website.

Harold J. Kaplan, MD

Best treatment for syringomas on the eyelids

+1

The best treatment, in my practice, for syringomas is a combination of hyfrecation and fractional co2 laser. 

Raffy Karamanoukian, MD, FACS

Syringoma removal

+1

No, and actually this would be bad to try. Syringomas need to be numb before they are removed with a hyfrecator. Additionally, laser genesis should not be performed within the orbital rim of the eye area also.

F. Victor Rueckl, MD