Two Days After Laser Genesis my Pores are a Lot Bigger, Normal? Should I Discontinue?

I thought the Laser Genesis treatments were very good until I looked in the mirror a couple of days ago (ironically, after posting a good review of LG on here!)I notice my pores look even bigger and my makeup looks somewhat caked after being applied. I am freaking out! I have had 3-4 LG so far spaced about 2 1/2 weeks apart. It is another women said, that after 2 weeks after her last LG treatment her skin went on a nosedive...I feel the same! Should I have the last ones done? What could be going on? Thank you.(I am going to call my anesthetician on Monday. Thank you.

Laser Genesis Reduces Pore Size

+1

It has been my experience that Laser Genesis will reduce pore size when the skin finally heals. Your reaction could be swelling related to your recent treatment and is not typical after healing has occured. Laser genesis does cause some temporary dryness of the skin, and this is a possible cause for your makeup issue.

I recommend laser genesis treatments spaced 4-6 weeks apart, so it is possible your skin is not getting enough time to heal between treatments.

I would recommend you discuss your concerns with your physician and use moisturizing agents to help with dryness. If the pore size increase does not resolve with time, laser genesis may not be the best treatment for you.

Burley Facial Plastic Surgeon

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.