I Have a Large Indentation on the Mid Buttocks, What Would Be the Best Corrective Option?

My parents said it was caused by an antibiotic injection that was infected. I have a large indentation on the mid buttock , it worsen when i bend over or lift my leg. I am considering brazilian butt lift. I almost seems like something is pulling from under my skin. What would be my best option?

Scar indentation and fat grafting

+1

Thank you for your question.  I have seen and treated what you describe on several occasions.  In this situation, I have had good results with conservative release of the scar from underneath the skin followed by localized fat grafting to the affected area.  The results usually aren' t perfect but a significant improvement is possible from where you started from. 2-3 sessions is usually required. I hope this helps.

Buttocks indentation

+1

I've treated several leg scars using multiple techniques to accompany fat grafting.  One interesting pilot study I completed was fat grafting with Selphyl, a fibrin matrix of platelet rich plasma rich protein drawn from the patient's IV.  It really didn't seem to make much of a difference.

Your case will benefit most from scar release and fat grafting. It may take more than one session.  I've had nice results from staged fat transfer where we return to inject more fat in which case fat banking (Biolife) would be an interesting but not necessary option to look into to avoid additional procedures.

Ricardo A. Meade, MD

Buttocks Scar Release and Fat Grafting........

+1

I believe that the Brazilian Butt Lift combined with the release of the scar tissues under your skin would be the best way to correct the defect that you are describing.  However, there is no way to know for sure without seeing you in person. Definitely seek out a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon with significant experience with this procedure.

Daniel P. Markmann, MD

Butt dimple repair

+1

Teresa,

Buttock dimples come in all shapes and sizes.  There are many ways to repair the dimples.  Consultation with a plastic surgeon will determine the best treatment for your particular indentation.  Longstanding indentations are sometimes difficult to fully correct.  Good luck!

Kenneth R. Francis, MD

Brazilian butt lift and indentation the skin

+1

I believe that injection into that scar is the best option for treatment. In my experience it can make indentations significantly better but I have not enabled to make them perfect. I think this because of damage to the skin caused by the scar pulling skin in just like you think it does. Even though I can make a perfect I think it's much better than trying to excise indentation and leaving a scar.

Wendell Perry, MD

Indentation in the buttocks

+1

The indentation is treated with fat transfer. there could be scar pulling the skin then the scar need to be released with a special fork cannula. At the same time you can do the Brazilian Butt Lift.