Will a Compression Garment Covering the Butt After Bbl Kill the New Fat?

I had a bbl 2 weeks ago and I keep freaking out that my compression garment which covers the butt is compressing my buttocks too much. If the pressure from sitting causes loss of volume doesnt the same go for pressure from compression garment?

Well Fitted Compression Garment Beneficial after BBL

+3

Your Butt-Covered Compression Garment is Best following Fat transfer to the buttocks, but it is important that it is fitting properly. If in doubt go return to your surgeon's office to make sure.
Here is my Compression Garment Instructions and its purpose after Brazilian Butt Lift
:
The short answer is that your butt needs to be inside the compression garment to minimize swelling.
Most important is to follow your surgeon's advise. He/She has specific reasons for their recommendations. In general this is what I recommend to my patients - wear their garments for a minimum of 3 weeks full time then for 12 hrs (day or night). if not a lot of redundant skin following liposuction to a maximum of 6 weeks. To be effective the garment needs to fit snug but not too tight as to cause pressure problems (inspect your skin if discomfort and when skin is exposed), or prevent you from sleeping. As the edema resolves it is common for patients to switch to a smaller garment that fits - A Spanx type garment would work rather than ordering one or paying more at your doctor;'s office.
Following Liposuction and Fat transfer procedures used in the Brazilian butt lift,  the compression garments are required for three main reasons:
It restricts the amount of edema that forms and hastens its resolution by mechanical pressure
It decreases the amount of bruising
It assists the loose skin in retracting or shrinking in the liposuction areas
The length of time that the garment is worn varies dependent on the amount of fat removed, the elastic nature of your skin, how much loose skin remains at the liposuction site or how much swelling from edema in the buttocks you have and other factors. Your surgeon would give you the best advise. However in general this is the routine for my patients.
The first garment should be fitted for you in the office prior to surgery and applied in the operating room. Often it will become loose as the edema is mobilized and then it will need to be replaced. Spanx is a reasonable compression  garment if it gives enough support and is the right size. I have my patents bring them in and confirm that it fits well.
Most important advise is to listen to your surgeon's advice as he best knows how much fat was removed in the donor sites and transferred into the buttocks, and other factors mentioned above

Compression Garments after the Brazilian Butt Lift.

+3

Some doctors recommend compression garments, some don't.  I think that there are more that recommend them than there are that don't recommend them.  The goal is to minimize swelling. I have performed this procedure for over 14 years and have always used compression garments for my patients.   If they are kept smooth, they will not cut off circulation.  Sitting on you butt places over 100lbs or more of pressure on your buttocks.  Post surgical compression garments do not even place 10 lbs of pressure on your buttocks. 
In my opinion, wear the garment, don't sit!

Daniel P. Markmann, MD

Compression garments are beneficial while sitting is not.

+2

Compression garments are designed to control swelling after a Brazilian butt lift as well as support the shape of the buttocks tissue while smoothing and smoothening the appearance of the skin. Therefore, the pressure that you may be feeling from the compression garment is not the same as the actual pressure that is placed on the buttocks while sitting. However, it is recommended that you avoid sitting on your buttocks for the first 3 weeks after the butt lift.

Norman G. Morrison, MD, FACS

Garments should not harm the fat cells but sitting will

+2

Provided your surgical garment is not too tight, it should not compromise the newly injected fat cells. Sitting on your buttock however in the first few weeks after surgery can certainly kill the fat cells and reduce the volume of surviving fat.  It's important to avoid direct pressure on the buttock area by sleeping and sitting on your side and using pillows and/or cushions to reduce the pressure on the fat cells. Discuss this in more detail with your plastic surgeon if you have any further questions.

William Bruno, MD