Will a Compression Garment Covering the Butt After Bbl Kill the New Fat?

I had a bbl 2 weeks ago and I keep freaking out that my compression garment which covers the butt is compressing my buttocks too much. If the pressure from sitting causes loss of volume doesnt the same go for pressure from compression garment?

Compression Garments after the Brazilian Butt Lift.

Some doctors recommend compression garments, some don't.  I think that there are more that recommend them than there are that don't recommend them.  The goal is to minimize swelling. I have performed this procedure for over 14 years and have always used compression garments for my patients.   If they are kept smooth, they will not cut off circulation.  Sitting on you butt places over 100lbs or more of pressure on your buttocks.  Post surgical compression garments do not even place 10 lbs of pressure on your buttocks. 
In my opinion, wear the garment, don't sit!

Compression garments are beneficial while sitting is not.

Compression garments are designed to control swelling after a Brazilian butt lift as well as support the shape of the buttocks tissue while smoothing and smoothening the appearance of the skin. Therefore, the pressure that you may be feeling from the compression garment is not the same as the actual pressure that is placed on the buttocks while sitting. However, it is recommended that you avoid sitting on your buttocks for the first 3 weeks after the butt lift.

Well Fitted Compression Garment Beneficial after BBL

Your Butt-Covered Compression Garment is Best following Fat transfer to the buttocks, but it is important that it is fitting properly. If in doubt go return to your surgeon's office to make sure.
Here is my Compression Garment Instructions and its purpose after Brazilian Butt Lift
The short answer is that your butt needs to be inside the compression garment to minimize swelling.
Most important is to follow your surgeon's advise. He/She has specific reasons for their recommendations. In general this is what I recommend to my patients - wear their garments for a minimum of 3 weeks full time then for 12 hrs (day or night). if not a lot of redundant skin following liposuction to a maximum of 6 weeks. To be effective the garment needs to fit snug but not too tight as to cause pressure problems (inspect your skin if discomfort and when skin is exposed), or prevent you from sleeping. As the edema resolves it is common for patients to switch to a smaller garment that fits - A Spanx type garment would work rather than ordering one or paying more at your doctor;'s office.
Following Liposuction and Fat transfer procedures used in the Brazilian butt lift,  the compression garments are required for three main reasons:
It restricts the amount of edema that forms and hastens its resolution by mechanical pressure
It decreases the amount of bruising
It assists the loose skin in retracting or shrinking in the liposuction areas
The length of time that the garment is worn varies dependent on the amount of fat removed, the elastic nature of your skin, how much loose skin remains at the liposuction site or how much swelling from edema in the buttocks you have and other factors. Your surgeon would give you the best advise. However in general this is the routine for my patients.
The first garment should be fitted for you in the office prior to surgery and applied in the operating room. Often it will become loose as the edema is mobilized and then it will need to be replaced. Spanx is a reasonable compression  garment if it gives enough support and is the right size. I have my patents bring them in and confirm that it fits well.
Most important advise is to listen to your surgeon's advice as he best knows how much fat was removed in the donor sites and transferred into the buttocks, and other factors mentioned above

Larry S. Nichter, MD, MS, FACS

How do I Protect my Brazilian Butt Lift?

The Brazilian Butt Lift utilizes your own natural fat for the augmentation. One of the keys of the fat transfer is that it is incorporated and becomes your fat just in a better place!

The key is how do we maximize the amount of fat that is going “take” or survive for the augmentation. One of the things that can help increase the amount of fat that stays after the transfer is preventing any trauma to the buttock area, that includes sitting. The pressure of sitting can be harmful to the fat for the first couple of weeks after the transfer.

The second important part of the Brazilian Butt Lift is the compression garment as you are asking. I do think it is important that you have a specialized garment after your procedure. I have tried various garments, with and without material over the buttock area. From a patient comfort standpoint I have found that the garments with a very soft mesh over the buttock has been best. However this is personal decision between you and your surgeon.

There are special pillows that patients can purchase that avoids any pressure on the buttock in the post-operative period so that they can sit at work and still protect their fat transfer procedure.

I hope this helps, be sure to discuss this with your board certified plastic surgeon.

Garments should not harm the fat cells but sitting will

Provided your surgical garment is not too tight, it should not compromise the newly injected fat cells. Sitting on your buttock however in the first few weeks after surgery can certainly kill the fat cells and reduce the volume of surviving fat.  It's important to avoid direct pressure on the buttock area by sleeping and sitting on your side and using pillows and/or cushions to reduce the pressure on the fat cells. Discuss this in more detail with your plastic surgeon if you have any further questions.

William Bruno, MD

Compression is key, discuss this with your surgeon...

Post-operative garments for compression are frequently utilized following cosmetic surgery.These devices minimize swelling, decrease pain, decrease discomfort and help remodel tissue.
The vast majority of plastic surgeons utilize compression garments following Brazilian butt lift surgery.In most cases, these garments not only cover the buttocks, but also cover donor sites that have undergone liposuction.In this situation, the goal is to remodel the tissue, not to apply significant compression. This approach minimizes the potential for fat cell damage.
It’s important that compression garments fit snugly, but they shouldn’t fit tightly.When using these garments, it’s important to avoid rolls and folds in the device.This can cause localized elevations in tissue pressure which can cause cell damage and result in contour irregularities.This approach minimizes the potential for fat cell damage from pressure and gives excellent clinical results with high levels of patient satisfaction.
If you have anxiety about your post-operative compression garment, the issue should be discussed with your surgeon.Your surgeon can explain that the compression generated from this type of garment is significantly less than the pressure generated from sitting.Your surgeon can also explain the numerous benefits of these garments.