hI i made the error of not realizing that my pimple was actually an acne cyst. I squeeze it not realizing the damage Now the skin is red/I have been applying aquaphor and cloderm on it. I want to see a different dermatologist than the one who I usually see, because I dont have much confidence in him to treat this sort of thing. I am wondering what kind of treatment I should seek? I do not have acne regularly. this was a reaction to something I included in my diet, which I have stopped consuming
What Kind of Treatment Should I Seek for Post Inflammation from an Acne Cyst? (photo)
Doctor Answers 7
Treatment for Inflammed Acne
Have a question? Ask a doctor
Acne cyst treatment
Cyst with hypo pigmentation and inflammation
You might also like...
Time, time, time...this will make the difference
If you have an experienced dermatologist who is confident to treat skin of colour, V Beam laser to the red areas can help reduce the inflammation, and stimulate collagen. Even with your skin type, pulse dye laser is possible.
Dr Davin Lim
Treating irritated acne cyst
- Find a good Board Certified Dermatologist or Plastic Surgeon,
- The cyst is either irritated, infected or both.
- You may need antibiotics.
- Steroids will reduce inflammation.
- You may end up needing the cyst sac removed - if it persists after 3 - 6 months. Best wishes.