What Kind of Treatment Should I Seek for Post Inflammation from an Acne Cyst? (photo)

hI i made the error of not realizing that my pimple was actually an acne cyst. I squeeze it not realizing the damage Now the skin is red/I have been applying aquaphor and cloderm on it. I want to see a different dermatologist than the one who I usually see, because I dont have much confidence in him to treat this sort of thing. I am wondering what kind of treatment I should seek? I do not have acne regularly. this was a reaction to something I included in my diet, which I have stopped consuming

Doctor Answers (2)

Cystic Acne in the Cheek

I would consider some oral and topical antibiotics first. Then if it doesn't get better possibly adding some steroids to the lesion in an injectible form. I would avoid aggresive invasive treatment at this time.

Bellevue Facial Plastic Surgeon
4.0 out of 5 stars 36 reviews

Topical Steroid for acne inflammation


Thank you for your question. You should see a board certified Dermatologist. They will often prescribe topical steroids or in some cases inject steroids to treat post acne inflamation.

Brooke R. Seckel, MD, FACS
Boston Plastic Surgeon
4.5 out of 5 stars 29 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.