What Kind of Surgery is Needed to Remove Excess Skin from Sides of Breasts?

The skin on the sides of my breasts are driving me crazy. Bras are uncomfortable. What type of surgery would help this? I have had a maxiplexy 4 or 5 years ago. Thanks for info.

Extra skin on sides of breast

+1

If you have excess skin on the sides of your breasts, you will likely need an excision.  Since you have already had a mastopexy, the procedure would just involve extending your incision to include the excess still that you would like removed.  This is an outpatient procedure with minimal recovery.  Good luck with your procedure.

Web reference: http://www.ShaferPlasticSurgery.com

Skin along bra

+1

The skin along the bra straps can be treated by excision or cutting the tissue out.  It will leave a permanent scar.

Skin on the side of the breasts--how to address this

+1

It would be helpful to have a little more detail from you, or even a photo.  If you have just some loose skin, there are ways to excise it (cut it out).  Usually, that type of excision involves a scar that goes from the lateral part of the breast crease towards the back.  Sometimes, the excision can be done using a vertical scar on the chest, under the arm. 

If you have a lot of fullness associated with this skin, you may benefit from liposuction first, or a combination of liposuction and skin excision.