Do Kenalog Injections Cause Red Pimple-Like Bumps on Your Body?

I received a kenalog injection September 1st 2010. A week or so later I started getting red acne like bumps that itch and burn on my arms, chest, and back. Exactly like the bumps I had from taking prednisone. Is this caused from the kenalog injection? If so, how long will it take for them to go away? Here's a picture of what they look like.

Steroid Acne

+1

This appears to be a steroid-induced acne. Note the monomorphic nature of the rash. The location is also typical of steroid-induced acne which usually occurs on the chest or back.

This problem will resolve on its own, taking 3-4 weeks. 

Treatment with anti-acne medications such as Tetracycline and Benzoyl Peroxide will hasten its resolution, dropping its duration to about 2 weeks.

Virginia Beach Dermatologist