Is It Possible to Get a Keloid Inside the Nose After Rhinoplasty?

First let me clear that I scar keloid tissue. I recently had rhinoplasty and I am seeing some tissue inside the nose that looks like keloid. Is that possible or is that part of the inflammation? should I use something for inside the nose to minimize the scaring??? Thank you Doctors!!!

Keloid in Nose after Rhinoplasty

+1

Despite your past history, it is extremely unlikely you have a keloid inside your nose. Inflammation and thickening of incision lines are possible - you indicate that your surgery was recent. Follow your surgeon's recommendations. 

Keloid scarring is not typically associated with Rhinoplasty Surgery.

+1

Even if you're prone to forming keloids, it's unlikely that your're forming a keloid scar after your Rhinoplasty Surgery. If you're concerned by the appearance inside your nose, you should bring this concern to your surgeon. I hope this is helpful for you.

Eric M. Joseph, MD
West Orange Facial Plastic Surgeon