How to Keep Juvederm Ultra Plus from Migrating?

I Just Had Juvederm Ultra Plus Injected in my Cheeks, What is the Best Way to Keep the Filler from Moving Around?

Juvederm Ultra Plus Migration

+2

In my experience, Juvederm does not easily migrate in the face.  It tends to stay where it was injected and molded into place.  I always advise our patients to keep their hands off and do not manipulate the product. 

Dr. Grant Stevens

Juvederm Ultra Plus should not migrate

+1

For the first week, you should avoid massaging the areas, retinols and facials.  Try to sleep on your back, not on your cheeks.  Once any bruising or swelling has resolved, you can return to your normal routine. 

Martie Gidon, MD, FRCPC
Toronto Dermatologist

Juvederm rarely, ever, migrates

+1

Avoid heavy or aggressive/vigorous massage the first day.  It is extremely rare to hear of cases of Juvederm or Restylane migration.

Ronald Shelton, MD

Migrating Not Typically Problem with Filler in Cheeks

+1

Following injection with Juvéderm Ultra Plus, the filler is usually fixed in place and held by the surrounding connective tissue.  However, aggressive massaging could cause the filler to become dislodged. We tell patients not to massage the area or to get a facial massage for the first 24 hours after the treatment, but migrating typically is not a problem. 

Timothy Jochen, MD
Palm Springs Dermatologic Surgeon

Juvederm Rarely Migrates

+1

Injectable fillers stay in the areas where they are injected and do not move freely under the skin. While it is possible to slightly mold the filler within its injected location it is not possible to manipulate the product into another location, nor does the product move on its own.

If you notice volume migrating it is most likely swelling. Swelling is temporary and resolves spontaneously, usually by about one week after treatment.

Steven H. Williams, MD

Juvederm does not migrate

+1

You don't need to worry about Juvederm that has been injected into the skin from migrating.  While the product can be slightly dispersed by massage (how we blend the edges), it can't be "milked" across the face to a new location.

Louis W. Apostolakis, MD
Austin Facial Plastic Surgeon

Juvederm movement is rare

+1

Immediately after treatment, it is ideal to minimize movement or manipulation of the treated area. After a few days, it is unlikely that Juvederm will migrate no matter what is done to the skin.

Elizabeth F. Rostan, MD
Charlotte Dermatologist

Juvederm migration is rare

+1

We have been using fillers in our practice for 15 years. I have never seen migration of a filler and think this is an uncommon issue.

Steven Hacker, MD
West Palm Beach Dermatologic Surgeon

Juvederm Movement after Cheek Injection

+1

The Juvederm will not move as long as you avoid massaging the area for about 48 hours. Be gentle when washing your face or applying skin products.

How to keep the Juvederm from migrating

+1

Juvederm injected in the tear troughs may migrate. Everywhere else it tends to stay put.  I don't recommend massaging the injected area for the first day or two as it can mold the gel somewhat differently than intended.  But generally, for Juvederm in the cheeks, there is not much concern about migrating.

Emily Altman, MD
Short Hills Dermatologic Surgeon