I had Juvederm for nasolabial folds and I have swollen or puffy areas near the corners of my mouth- is this normal? (photo)

I am 43 years old, and recently had juvederm injected into my nasolabial folds. Friday (3 days ago). The immediate result was beautiful. The following day, I seemed to have slightly swollen or puffy areas near the corners of my mouth. Not terrible, but almost looking a bit like a chipmunk. Just wondering if this is common, and if it decreases? I seem to look a "bit" better today than yesterday, but still seems "puffy"??

Time for Juvederm to settle down

+1
It takea 2 weeks for Juvederm to settle down and loo its best.  Be patient and follow your PHYSICIANS directions.  My Best,  Dr C

Palo Alto Plastic Surgeon

Give it Time

+1
I would say to wait at least a total of 7-10 days to see a true result. If you still have the puffiness, go back to the injector and have them take a look. 

Gabriel Salloum, MD

Swelling after filler

+1
If the filler was not placed along the corners of the mouth, then more than likely this is swelling. Best to give it a few days to settle down.

Swelling at corners of mouth after Juvederm to nasaolabial folds

+1
It is not uncommon to have some swelling develop after Juvederm injections.  Swelling to tends to travel downward as it dissipates, so since you had the nasolabial folds treated, the swelling is settling at the corners of your mouth.  I would expect this to resolve within a week or so, but if you feel it is still present after a couple of weeks you should contact your injector.  

Michael I. Echavez, MD
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon