Normal That Juvederm Effects Gone After Only 2 Months-under Eye Hollows?

Three months ago I had Juvederm to fill out my under eye hollows. The swelling lasted 2 full wks. I followed the doc's orders to the letter. Finally by the 3-4 wk the swelling went down & I was very happy w/the results. I looked like me just younger & fresher looking (for 1 1/2 months)I felt GREAT! Now on my 4th month, the Juvederm seems to have "dissipated" & the under eye hollows are back? Dr. said she doesn't know why it happened. Is this common for the Juvederm to vanish this quickly? Help!

+1

Juvederm or Restylane, used in the tear trough area, will have results with varying lengths of duration based on the placement and the amount of filler used.  Ask the MD that did the injections for advice on how to increase the duration of results.

Juvederm didn't last

+1

First, I would note that I really don't prefer Juvederm in the tear trough area. In order to avoid the Tyndall affect sometimes you have to inject it deeper, which means the surface area may not get a result that's as good for as long. Next time I would recommend Restylane, as you can inject it more shallow, without the discoloration problems of Juvederm. That being said, the amount of time that fillers or Botox or Dysport lasts is an average. That means some people will be on the shorter side of it lasting (like you!) and some may get the benefit of having it last a year or more.

F. Victor Rueckl, MD

+1

Yes it can happen. your metabolism is causing the "melting". Or you doc used something else are the only answers that make sense. 

Juvederm for 4 months

+1

I agree with the others and think that it is unusual for juvederm to disappear that fast, especially in that area. Do you have a photo from before you started? Are you sure that you are really back to your baseline? You might give it another try and get good "before" photos, might try another injector or might try  a different filler. Restylane and Radiesse do well here.

Jo Herzog, MD
Birmingham Dermatologist

Juvederm in the tear troughs

+1

Juvederm is an excellent product in the tear troughs. I have never seen it last less than 1 year in that location when the correct amount is used.

Peter T. Truong, MD
Fresno Oculoplastic Surgeon

Fillers in the tear trough last at least two years.

+1

Hi.

Of course, I don't know what happened to you, but this is a very tricky area.   i suspect that the problem is technique related.  Also you had an unusual amount of swelling.  I would recommend another opinion.

Also, I do not agree with the other doctors about how long Juvederm or Radiesse lasts in this location.  It lasts a really long time, consistently. 

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)

Juviderm lasts 6-12 months.

+1

Juviderm lasts 6-12 months. That is an average. The "joy" of plastic surgery is that everyone is different and therefore Juviderm can last 4 months in one patient and 1 year in others.

Juvederm is a long lasting dermal filler

+1

Juvederm lasts nine months to a year in my experience.  I have not seen it dissappear in two months.

Michele S. Green, MD