Do I have to have my IUD removed before surgery.

I have a Paragaurd (IUD). Is it true that I should have it removed before my sx. I plan on having a TT, BBL, BA, and Lipo... (The Works! Lol) done. Why would it be necessary to have it removed? My body is just getting used to having the darn thing.

IUD removal

+2
Thank you for your question. If you are not experiencing any problems with the IUD, there would be no reason to remove it before surgery. 

IDU AND TT

+2
You do not have to remove it. It does not affect the surgery or the recovery.  
Ask your doctor the reason why he/she requested. 
By the way, you have the opportunity to get the tubal ligation during the TT if you have considered to do something permanent. 
Dr. Cardenas

Laura Carmina Cardenas, MD
Mexico Plastic Surgeon

+1
generally not necessary to remove an IUD before surgery but if you were instructed to do so, you may want to discuss this with the surgeon with whom you are planning your surgery and / or your gynecologist.

good luck.

Sean A. Simon, MD