I have lots of stretch marks and umbilical hernia. Will a full TT remove them? Will the hernia help with cost? (Photo)

I had two pregnancies with my youngest now 16 and the other 21. I'm 5' 7" at 154 lbs. Will I need lipo to get the best effect?

I have lots of stretch marks and umbilical hernia. Will a full TT remove them? Will the hernia help with cost?

+2
You will best benefit from a full abdominoplasty with liposuction as well.  Your umbilical hernia repair will be covered by your insurance; however, that will be a small part of the cost.  Good luck and be safe.

John T. Nguyen, MD, FACS, FICS
Double Board Certified Plastic Surgeon

Sugar Land Plastic Surgeon

+2
Maybe yes but the amount of insurance reimbursement would be very little to the out of pocket thousands of $$s you need to front. Plus I recommend weight loss of 10 pounds  before the operation... 

+2
   Tummy tuck with hernia repair and liposuction of the sides will likely produce the best result for you.  The tummy tuck will remove most of the stretchmarks.

Stretch marks, hernia and tummy tuck

+1
Many of your stretch marks would be removed with a tummy tuck. The hernia can, and probably should, be fixed at the same time. Most hernias are covered by insurance plans which might end up helping with the overall cost.

Ronald Schuster, MD

TmmyTuck with Hernia Repay and Lipo

+1
Hello and thank you for your question. A tummy tuck procedure tightens the abdominal wall with sutures and removes all the excess skin below your belly button this way we can eliminate almost all your stretch marks. The hernia repair can be done during this procedure as well. For best results and a thinner waistline I recommend a tummy tuck with liposuction and hernia repair.
Best of luck with your surgery.

Miguel Mota, MD

TT and hernia repair

+1
You are a perfect candidate and I can envision a BEAUTIFUL result: flat abdomen and tapered waist after a full-extended Tummy Tuck where all of the stretch marks below your navel will be eliminated,  your muscle will be tighten to achieve a flatter abdomen and small waist. 
During the procedure it is possible to do the hernia repair. 
Be encouraged. You will be in love with your new body. 
Dr. Cardenas

Laura Carmina Cardenas, MD
Mexico Plastic Surgeon

Tummy tuck and umbilical hernia

+1
A full tummy tuck will remove the skin (and associated stretch marks) below the belly button. During the tummy tuck, the abdominal muscles are tightened in the midline and this part of the procedure corrects most umbilical hernias (or umbilical fascia weakness, which is probably what you have). Based on your photos, I would suggest trying to lose a few pounds before having the tummy tuck. Your end results will be much better, in my opinion. A tummy tuck or liposuction with a tummy tuck will only be able to tighten the abdominal wall so much. I think that you might be disappointed with the final results if you don't lose at least some of the intra-abdominal excess weight that cannot be corrected with these procedures. 

William T. Stoeckel, MD
Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon

TT and lipo

+1
Hello, thank you for your question and the pics. You are an excellent candidate for body contouring surgery. It involves a tummy tuck which will give you a flat tummy, the muscle repair during the tummy tuck will repair the hernia as well, and the stretch marks will be gone in about 70%; but TT will only give you a flat tummy, so you do need liposuction, as this will get you a smoother, curvier waistline, erase the fat rolls in your back and develop a smooth lower back arch to go with it. Can't see your buttocks in the pictures, but maybe a little fat transfer will help you with buttocks projection and volume, giving you a beautiful hourglass figure. In short, you need both procedures, and with your frame, you are bound for a great result

Jose A. León, MD

Tummy tuck to remove stretch marks

+1
Thanks for sharing your photos.  It seems that most of your stretch marks would be removed, especially below the belly button.  With respect to doing a hernia repair at the same time to reduce cost, this may not be likely.  The anesthesia time for the tummy tuck would be separate from the time to perform the hernia repair and very little if any savings are likely.

Best of Luck to you

Steven M. Camp, MD
Fort Worth Plastic Surgeon

Full tummy tuck, hernia, and stretch marks

+1
Thanks for your questions and pictures.  Based on your pictures, it appears that the majority of your stretch marks will be removed.  However, the ones above the belly button will still be present but moved to a lower position on your abdomen.  The umbilical hernia can be repaired at the same time and will potentially help decrease some cost related to general anesthesia and the operating room.  Liposuction would likely be a good adjunct to the procedure to help further shape your torso.  Make sure you consult with a board certified plastic surgeon.

Naveen Setty, MD, FACS