Skin Incredibly Itchy After Laser Hair Removal

My skin has been incredibly itchy for the past 3 days after Laser hair removal. What happened? What can I do? Please help.

Itching may be sign of infection or reaction to something you are using

+1

You may need some antibiotics or anti inflammatories like topical steroids to help the condition. After laser resurfacing, your skin's defenses are down and you are more likely to have infections and develop contact dermatitis from anything that you use.

For the first 2 weeks after your procedure you should be using a gentle cleanser and do vinegar washes 3-5 times a day. Vaseline or aquaphor should be applied at all times. After your skin heals over, you can start using a gentle moisturizer and sunscreen. But you should always test you skin first to see if you get any reactions. If you do you should wait a couple of days to restart the moisturizer and sunscreen. After 3-4 weeks you should then be started on Retin A and hydroquinone.

Bellevue Facial Plastic Surgeon