Will Eyebrows Grow Back After 2-3 Laser Hair Removal Treatments?

I had a full face Laser hair removal and the therapist accidently chipped away on top of my eyebrows. Will the hair come back? My eyebrows are dark and thick, and I'm aware that laser hair removal works best with this type of hair type.

There is a chance you will regrow eyebrow hairs

+1

As most laser hair removal requires 7 or more monthly (or every six weeks) treatment, there is a high chance you will regrow these eyebrow hairs. If not, hair transplant can be performed but the hairs will need to be trimmed more often.

Will eyebrows grow back?

+1

The answer to this question really depends upon what type of laser was used and also was the laser light focused directly over the hair follicle or did the laser just "singe" the hair.

If the laser being used emits light at a wavelength that is specifically absorbed by the pigment in the hair follicle , then absorption may occur and damage to the follicle is a risk. However, the good news is, if the laser just "singed" the hair shaft and did not penetrate down to damage the follicle then hair loss will not be permanent.

Steven Hacker, MD
West Palm Beach Dermatologic Surgeon