Sunbed After Breast Uplift?

Hi, I am wondering when it would be ok to go back using sunbeds after a breast uplift. My surgeon said 6-12months naked but I am wondering if I was to cover my boobs then when could I go back? Also what would be the best way to cover them in the sunbed? My surgeon also said no working out for 8 weeks along with wearing the support bra for 8 weeks after surgery. This seems a bit long to me. I am 2 weeks Post Op with no complications so far. Thanks in advance!

Tanning after breast lift

+2

It is best to take your surgeon's advice! You should not tan in a sunbed for about a year. I also recommend waiting about 6 weeks after surgery to resume your regular working out routine.

Tanning and Activity after Breast Lift

+2

No tanning for 1 year would be advised as well as waiting 6 weeks or more before any strenuous activity.

Post operative care after breast lift

+2

its best to listen to your surgeon.. he is giving good advice.

sun and uv will darken scars..  you can wear a total block such as zinc oxide but no guarantees.

same with your bra and actiity

Returning to Sunbed after Breastlifting?

+2

Generally speaking, it is much better for you to follow the  instructions provided  by your plastic surgeon as opposed to on line consultants. Remember, that he/she knows exactly what was done and is ultimately responsible for your care.

Asking a plastic surgeon about returning to potentially skin cancer inducing sun beds  would be analogous to asking about returning to lung cancer inducing cigarettes. Most of us would answer: NEVER.

Sunbed after surgery

+2

Yes, you would probably want to cover them up because the incisions will be very sensitive. In general, the sunbeds are not good for you and can increase your risk of developing skin cancers.

Avoiding UV radiation after a breast lift

+1

It would be best to avoid the tanning bed FOREVER!  UV radiation is not your friend.  Why subject your new body to the harmful effects of UV radiation.  

Sunbed After Breast Uplift?

+1

Best advice is to follow your surgeon's recommendations for all the issues in question. 

I would never give an OK to sunbeds, but if you will go there anyway, cover the incisions with a sunblock rated at least 30, and wear a swim top that is sun-protective. 

Thanks and best wishes. 

Sunbeds after Surgery

+1

First, I would follow the instructions given by your surgeon for your best result.  All patients are different, and some heal faster than others.  You may want to schedule an appointment for follow up to discuss your progress.  In regards to sunbeds, I would cover up and I do not recommend baking scars.  This could cause poor healing and a bad cosmetic result.

Robert E. Zaworski, MD