Breast Not Rounded and Nipple Uneven and Not Round? (photo)

Breast Lift and Augmentation Concerns

+1

Early in the preoperative course following breast lift and augmentation, the implants tend to be high and may distort the breasts and the appearance of the breast lift.  This does not appear to be the case here, but early postoperative appearance may not mirror final result.

Immediate breast shape after a breast lift

+1

Thank you for the question and for the photos. It is not uncommon to be concerned with the initial breast shape after a lift with implants. However, it is far too early to know the final outcome. The shape of the breast will evolve over the next 4-8 weeks as the skin relaxes a bit and the implant drops. In that process, the breasts will take on a more rounded and more natural look, with the lower pole of the breast filling out.

I realize that it is hard to be patient and even harder not to obsess, but it will take some more time to see the final result. If at that time, you are still not satisfied with the shape, there are things that can be done to help it out.

Best of luck with the recovery.

Sincerely,

Jeff Rockmore

Jeffrey Rockmore, MD
Albany Plastic Surgeon

Breast Not Rounded and Nipple Uneven and Not Round?

+1

Your breasts will change a great deal in the weeks and months to come.  As long as you do not get capsular contractures that can hold your implants up too high, your implants will settle and the bottoms or lower poles of your breasts will stretch and round out under the weight of the implants and gravity.  There are indeed patients who would benefit from a revision down the line, but it is too early to tell in your case.  Be patient with your healing and communicate with your surgeon as needed.

Robert M. Grenley, MD

Breast shape after breast lift

+1

The breast can look very strange for the first few weeks after a breast lift. You need to be patient with the healing process. Your breast shape will continue to change for months and months.

Matthew Schulman, MD

Breast Not Rounded and Nipple Uneven

+1

I readily appreciate your concern, but it is way to early to evaluate the shape of the breasts. There are (at least) two reasons to expect improvement--

• The lower pole skin can be expected to stretch out as the implants settle
  • The implants themselves are high riding, which is common or even usual in under the muscle implants, and they will "drop" over the course of 3 months or so.

Patience.

Follow up closely with your surgeon, communicate all you concerns.

Thank you for your question, for the photos, and best wishes. 

+1

Posted photos show very early healing phases. Best to allow 4 to 6 months of healing before you can f=determine if you have an issue. 

Wound don't look pretty right after surgery but they will settle

+1
At this stage you are way too early after surgery.  Things may look abnormal to you but this is ok and not unexpected.  With time the scars will fade and the shape of your breasts and nipple/areola will also change.  Be patient, follow your plastic surgeon's post-surgical protocols for breast lift and augmentation.  

Martin Jugenburg, MD

Uneven Areolae and 'Flattened' Breast after Mastopexy

+1

First of all, I wouldn't worry too much about the appearance at this time. Most of your concerns will most likely improve with time. Gravity will work on the lower pole of the breast to stretch and round out the skin over a period of 2-4 months. The areolar shape may change as well. If there is some slight asymmetry of the areolae after 6 months, I would typically offer a minor revisional procedure done under local anesthesia. Be patient and expect continued improvement over time. Best of Luck  Dr Harrell

Jon F. Harrell, DO

Postoperative Breast Issues

+1

After reviewing your pictures it looks as if you had a lift and augmentation. Also, the wounds look very recent. The goal is to get or keep symmetry with breast surgery. One of the most difficult challenges with augmentation/lifts is getting nipple symmetry due to the changes that occur in surgery with changing volume and shape. I have seen this happen and it can easily be corrected with additional skin excision in the office. I understand your concerns and the breast soft tissues do stretch and change after surgery. Let your surgeon know your concerns and they can advise you on how long you will need to wait before deciding on what to do.

Jeffrey W. Hall, MD

Breast issue after surgery

+1

At the present time it looks like you just had surgery.  Give it time to heal and see how things look after 3-4 months.