At what age can you get lip botox? Is it possible to get lip fillers at the age of 16?

I am 16 and want to get lip botox because I am unhappy with how my lips look, my top lips is really small and would like to even my top lip to my bottom,is it possible to get lip fillers at the age of 16 ?

Lip fillers at 16?

+3
There is no medical reason that you can not get lip fillers or Botox at your age.

However, you cannot have any treatments without parental consent.  And it is very important to examine why you want to do this.  You don't need to be perfect -- inperfections have actually been shown in studies to increase interest in a person's face, and often to add to beauty.   Think about Lauren Hutton's tooth gap, or Elizabeth Taylor's large facial mole, for example.  You should talk to your parents about this before you go ahead.

What age to start getting lip fillers and/or Botox?

+1
Thank you for your question. Pictures would be helpful.

At age 16, anything you do would have to be approved by a parent or legal guardian.

For clarity, Botox effects motion and position of your lip.  Fillers would effect the fullness of your lip.

To see what might be helpful for you and to learn more information, see two or more board-certified plastic surgeons in your area for a full and complete evaluation to make sure you are a good candidate and that it is safe for you to have injections.

Again, you will need consent from your parents or legal guardian.

J. Jason Wendel, MD, FACS

Botox for lips

+1
At 16 I would really question the reasons for looking into this. I think you are also best to post a picture for advice. I would not use botox in lips in a 16 year old. Regarding fillers there are many and you really need some honest advice from an experienced PS who can make an assessment of your face and advise on non surgical and surgical techniques and whether either are in your best interest. Hyaluronic acid is the safest filler and placing it in the vermillion border of the upper lip may be the safest thing for you. Again you need to arrange a suitable consultation.

Gary L. Ross, MBChB, FRCS
Manchester Plastic Surgeon

What age is appropriate for lip filler

+1
Thank you for your question. Botox is mostly used to treat fine lines and wrinkles in the upper portion of the face. If you are wanting lip enhancement you will need Juvederm or Restylane which are hyaluronic acid based products designed to add volume and fullness. Because you are under age you will need a parent to sign consents for you you.

Best Wishes,

Pablo Prichard

Pablo Prichard, MD
Phoenix Plastic Surgeon

+1
For temporary lip enhancement you would need a hyaluronic acid filler such as Juvederm, Belotero, or Restylane. Because you're under age you would need a parental consent 

+1
Botox is not a filler.  If you want a filler to your lips, you will need something like Restylane or Juvederm Ultra.  At age 16, I would suggest you wait a year or 2.  In the event you decide to go forward and have filler, you will need a parent with you at your consultation.

Botox to the lips

+1
Ok, first, you don't want Botox in your lips. Botox stops muscles from contracting, like in the forehead. If you inject Botox into your lips they will not function correctly meaning you won't be able to talk, eat, drink, etc. Botox is not a filler. It is a neuromodulator. Fillers are what add volume to lips. Most commonly I used Restylane or Juvederm for the lips. While I have treated younger patients, it will be necessary to have parental consent for you to receive fillers while you are under 18. So, the bottom line, is discuss what you are looking for with your parents and see what they think.

"This answer has been solicited without seeing this patient and cannot be held as true medical advice, but only opinion. Seek in-person treatment with a trained medical professional for appropriate care."

F. Victor Rueckl, MD