Do At-Home Ionic Infra-red Fat Cavitation Devices Work?

A friend has shown me a device on this website that has some pretty big clams about fat cavitation at home, I just want to know if there is any truth to the claims?

At home fat devices

+2

To my knowledge there is no good evidence to support the use of at home fat cavitation devices for fat loss or reduction. I would be skeptical. Coolsculpting, on the other hand, has solid science behind it and works.

West Palm Beach Dermatologic Surgeon

At Home Devices

+1

I would be very skeptical in regards to "in home devices" that make promises.  Do your due diligence before spending your money on any treatment.

Coolsculpting has been FDA cleared and showed to work consistently.

Best Wishes!

At home fat reduction machines are not the same as CoolSculpting by Zeltiq

+1

As a physician, I can not recommend these cavitation devices that one finds on the internet, often distributed or made overseas, unless they were subjected to a double blind placebo controlled study and then published in peer reviewed journals. I am not aware that any of these devices are as safe or as effective as CoolSculpting by Zeltiq. However, there are devices that can temporarily smoothen the irregularities of the subcutaneous tissues and even reduce volume, such as Endermologie and Velashape, but these are not proven to create permanent fat cell reduction as CoolSculpting does.

Ronald Shelton, MD