Do At-Home Ionic Infra-red Fat Cavitation Devices Work?

A friend has shown me a device on this website that has some pretty big clams about fat cavitation at home, I just want to know if there is any truth to the claims?

At home fat devices

+2

To my knowledge there is no good evidence to support the use of at home fat cavitation devices for fat loss or reduction. I would be skeptical. Coolsculpting, on the other hand, has solid science behind it and works.

West Palm Beach Dermatologic Surgeon

Cool sculpting treatments lead to permanent fat loss but is not for weight loss!

+1
Body reshaping can be performed with a cannula that removes fat via liposuction or with noninvasive technology like Cool Sculpting. With Cool Sculpting there is no cannula inserted into your body. All treatments are performed on the surface from the outside in using technology that freezes the fat. Don’t hesitate to give us a call in Austin regarding a Body Reshaping Consult at the Upper Room. On our Facebook Page there is an Interview I recently did with KVUE, a local news station in Austin, that was picked by affiliates around the United States, including Miami. During the Interview we discussed the technology of Cool Sculpting as well as it application process.

The discomfort from treatment does resolve. Taking over the counter tylenol or naproxen resolves this in the majority of cases. If you have swelling that is persistent then a waist binder is helpful.

Robert Whitfield, MD, FACS

At Home Devices

+1

I would be very skeptical in regards to "in home devices" that make promises.  Do your due diligence before spending your money on any treatment.

Coolsculpting has been FDA cleared and showed to work consistently.

Best Wishes!

At home fat reduction machines are not the same as CoolSculpting by Zeltiq

+1

As a physician, I can not recommend these cavitation devices that one finds on the internet, often distributed or made overseas, unless they were subjected to a double blind placebo controlled study and then published in peer reviewed journals. I am not aware that any of these devices are as safe or as effective as CoolSculpting by Zeltiq. However, there are devices that can temporarily smoothen the irregularities of the subcutaneous tissues and even reduce volume, such as Endermologie and Velashape, but these are not proven to create permanent fat cell reduction as CoolSculpting does.

Ronald Shelton, MD