Would You Recommend Bella Contour, Zerona, of Zeltiq to Reduce Abdominal Fat?

I would liek to have more information on this treatment before I feel confortable to spend some money. surgery is not an option at this time but I am very confused. too many devices out there and i don't know which one will give me the best result. i want to reduce my abdominal fat. Zerona, Zeltiq or bella contour? Thank you to anyone, who can give me some information.

Bella Contour, Zerona, CoolSculpting, Liposonix: which is better?

I agree it is very confusing now that there are even more ways to lessen abdominal fat than the ones listed without laser liposuction, regular liposuction or abdominal plasty.  These include Bella Contour, Zerona, CoolSculpting, as well as, Liposonix which was just FDA approved in December 2011.  Many doctors speak about these devices without having personal experience.  We have had good experience with all four (4) of these devices which we use in the proper setting with the right patient.  The trick is to match the patient needs, goals, timeframe, cost and pain threshold, etc., to the appropriate device.

Bella Contour is only FDA approved for the treatment of cellulite but in our experience shows significant improvement in fat reduction and shaping in over 4 to 6 treatments with no pain.  It feels more like a good massage with electrical stimulation.  Many people see an immediate improvement and their clothes feel looser.  It can be used on many other areas including abdomen, hips, thigh and even buttocks.

CoolSculpting destroys the fat and had mild/moderate discomfort and no downtime.  It works well on love handles and muffin top area(s).  We have used it in other areas also.

Zerona helps you loose inches but not a specific bulge. A patient often loses a size or two but do not see improvement in a specific bulge.  In our office we guarantee 3 inches between the hip, thigh and waist area.

Liposonix, is the latest FDA approved non-invasive treatment on the market.   It shows a dramatic improvement in lessening the waist by approximately 1 inch, after a one-hour treatment after 2-3 months.  It is moderately uncomfortable but well tolerated by most patients.

To decide which device is best for you, you should visit a dermatologist who has experience with all these devices.

Good luck!

Long Island Dermatologic Surgeon

175 I.U. Willets Road
Roslyn Heights, NY 11507

Coolsculpting is a great option for men

In our experience Coolsculpting offers the best options for non-invasive fat reduction. We  had other devices and none have provided the consistent, dependable results of Coolsculpting. Now we have two Coolsculpting units so we can treat patients in half the time. To learn more visit the link below. Best of luck

Sarah A. Mess, MD
Columbia Plastic Surgeon

10700 Charter Drive
Columbia, MD 21044

CoolSculpting vs Zerona vs Bella Contour

CoolSculpting is the only one of these devices to permanently destroy the fat cells.  The others are temporary, if they are effective at all.  

Carmen Kavali, MD

6045 Barfield Road
Atlanta, GA 30328

Abdominal Fat

If the goal is nonsurgical fat reduction, coolsculpting for the approved areas is the optimal treatment. Consult with a board certified physician who can provide both surgical and nonsurgical options to best understand your options.

Kris M. Reddy, MD, FACS

1501 Forest Hill Boulevard
West Palm Beach, FL 33406

Cool Sculpting treatments lead to permanent fat loss

Cool Sculpting is FDA approved to remove fat permanently from stubborn areas like love handles, lower abdomen, inner thighs, outer thighs, back.......

Robert Whitfield, MD, FACS

1510 W. 34th Street
Austin, TX 78703

CoolSculpting is best for Permanent fat reduction

CoolSculpting is the only one of those devices that is FDA approved for permanent fat reduction. It is by far the single most reliable, effective and consistent form of non-surgical permanent fat reduction. CoolSculpting is your best option of anything else on the market.

Grant Stevens, MD

4644 Lincoln Blvd
Marina Del Rey, CA 90292

Zeltiq CoolSculpting, Zerona, Liposuction?

There are many options out there. Many are effective - for the right candidate. others are not effective at all. I understand people who are not interested in surgery. But, always be careful about practices that offer lots of "gadgets" without offering surgery. 

It appears that you could possible be a good candidate for CoolSculpting. But, without a consultation it is impossible to know. CoolSculpting is great for bumps and bulges around the abdomen. But, it will not be effective for visceral fat, not will it improve skin contour. 

Perhaps you could consider a consultation in the office of a plastic surgeon that offers CoolSculpting in addition to surgery. 

Michael Law, MD
Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon

10941 Raven Ridge Rd
Raleigh, NC 27614

CoolSculpting to Reduce Abdominal Fat

Thank you for your question. Based on the information you shared, I believe CoolSculpting would be your best option. CoolSculpting is not a weight loss solution for people who are obese, or a substitute for surgical methods such as liposuction. Good candidates have noticeable bulges in certain areas they’d like to get rid of. Of course, your doctor will determine if treatment is right for you during a one-on-one consultation. Best of luck!

Daniel Shapiro, MD

5410 N. Scottsdale Road
Scottsdale, AZ 85253

Zeltiq Coolsculpting works, the others are not so great

Coolsculpting is currently the best noninvasive treatment for body contouring. The other devices have not demonstrated results which are comparable. The difference is that Coolsculpting freezes the cells which damages their membranes. This causes the cells to rupture and be eliminated. Other devices only claim to enhance fat transport out of cells.

Burton M. Sundin, MD
Richmond Plastic Surgeon

7611 Forest Ave
Richmond, VA 23229

Zeltiq works great for fat "pockets"

We have had excellent results in our practice using Zeltiq CoolSculpting for localized "pockets" of fat in the flanks, abdomen or back.  Before deciding on which is best, you should be evaluated by an experienced physician in these treatments.  The one issue with Zeltiq is that not everyone is a candidate for the procedure.

Jason D. Bloom, MD
Philadelphia Facial Plastic Surgeon

32 Parking Plaza
Ardmore, PA 19003