Can Invisalign Fix my Slanted Front Teeth? (photo)

I've had braces before but they were unable to fix my top teeth.. They still slanted backwards. I want to try invisalign but I'm afraid theres not enough space to get rid of the flaring.. Would I need extractions or maybe expanders?

Teeth slanting forward

+2

You have what we call "bimaxillary protrusion" which basically means that both upper and lower anterior teeth slant forward.  To correct this you need tilt the front teeth back toward the tongue and, to do this, you need space!  Now you could get space by moving both arches backward toward the wisdom tooth area, but this is almost impossible to do.  You could get some room by doing slenderizing (narrowing) your teeth but this only provides a small amount of correction.  To get what you need probably involves extracting one middle tooth in all four arches.  Possible but very difficult with Invisalign...braces are often a better bet

Saint Louis Orthodontist

Invisalign for forward positioned teeth

+1

Invisalign can improve some of the forward position of your teeth by creating slight spaces in between the teeth to allow them to be pulled back. If you are looking for a significant change then extraction might be required since that would allow for much more room for the teeth. Expender would not be used or helpful in this kind of situation.

Tanya Vaysman, DMD
New York Orthodontist