Does Invisalign Work on Crowded Teeth?

I want to get an Invisalign but I'm not sure if it will work for me. I'll be 15 in June and my teeth aren't really bad, they are just crowded. I would like to get an idea of how long it might take and how much it will cost compared to regular braces. Thank you.

This is what Invisalign is all about

You are very likely a very good candidate for Invisalign. After, all, this is what Invisalign is all about. Many times Invisalign takes the same amount of time and sometimes less compared to braces. We have to see your teeth in order to give you a more precise answer regarding the amount of time in treatment. 

Encino Orthodontist

Invisalign for Teen crowding

Hello, Invisalign has a specific product for Teens called Invisalign Teen. And it works great for crowding. Now what is different in Invisalign teen?- Main difference is Blue Indicator on Teen aligners that show the compliance of the patient. Dentist can check out the fading of the blue color on the aligner to keep the teens accountable for the adequate wear time. Also there are some power ridges for better torque control. Teens can benefit a lot from Invisalign at this socializing age, you can remove and brush/floss easily that can be  inconvenient with braces otherwise.  But this removable appliance feature brings extra responsibility as well to adhere to recommended number of hours wear per dentist's instructions.

Dalvir Pannu, DDS
San Jose Cosmetic Dentist

Invisalign works for crowded teeth, but there are other factors

Generally speaking, Invisalign can correct crowding. Some factors to consider are: extent of crowding and vertical and horizontal components of your bite. For example, if you are very crowded on the lowers, but your upper teeth cover your lowers completely, you will never be able to eliminate your crowding until the vertical component is corrected. You also need to take into account your bite. Straight teeth does not necessarily mean a good bite.

Through Invisalign, you may need the following: dental expansion, extractions of teeth, going in between the teeth and reducing width. Attachments can greatly help. They allow the aligners to apply more force to your teeth.

Generally, fees are slightly more for Invisalign, and time of treatment is similar to that of braces.

A proper diagnosis is critical when planning your Invisalign treatment, so you should see an orthodontist for a consultation.

Tony Cucalon III DDS
San Francisco Orthodontist

Does Invisalign Work on Crowded Teeth?

So the question is does invisalign work on crowded teeth…absolutely that’s what its for. Invisalign does a great job with minor crowding, with moderate crowding. Sometimes the severe crowding does have to be treated with traditional braces, when they are too complex I do refer to an orthodontist for that but invisalign does beautifully with minor crowding and moderate crowding.

You sound like a perfect candidate for Invisalign teen

Invisalign Teen can be as effective as traditional braces for all of the most common teeth-straightening issues, when worn according to the recommendation of an experienced Invisalign-trained dentist. I would need to see photos and xrays and even better see you in person togive an estimate on the length of time treatment would take.  Average Invislaign Teen Cases with mild to moderate crowding takes 6-9 months.
Check out the Invislaign Teen Website to learn more and to find a Dentist in your area 

Invisalign for crowded teeth?

Yes, Invisalign certainly does work for crowded teeth.  Of course you need to be evaluated by a cosmetic dentist first, but often times Invisalign is perfect for patients like you.  If your teeth are very crowded, sometimes it's necessary to remove a couple of teeth in order to make room for the crowded teeth.  An alternative to removing teeth is often times IPR (inter-proximal reduction) of teeth that makes them more narrow and fit together better with a lesser chance of relapse.  It's important to get a consult with a cosmetic dentist (or orthodontist, if your case is very severe).  I hope this helps a lot.

Sarah Thompson, DMD
Saint Louis Cosmetic Dentist

Invisalign on Crowded Teeth

If the crowding is not that severe then Invisalign can work to straighten your teeth. Treatment takes one to two years on average. The cost is comparable to regular braces, maybe slightly more. 

Sylvan Fain, DDS
Miami Cosmetic Dentist

Crowded teeth and invislaign

'

YES! invislalign will work for crowded teeth. Its especially effective when your bite is correct and you dont have a big Overbite or Overjet.

Mojdah Akhavan, DDS
San Diego Orthodontist

Invisalign and crowding, invisalign gainesville ga

Invisalign will absolutely work for you!  In fact, I would recommend Invisalign teen since you will have the opportunity to have 6 replacement aligners at no cost to you.  A free consultation would be warranted to determine exactly how long it might take for your bite to be corrected.  This will, in turn, determine the cost of the treatment.  Rest assured, the cost will be very similar to braces.  I look forward to you achieving the smile of your dreams!

Ron D. Wilson, DMD
Gainesville Orthodontist

Invisalign is Most Effective for Crowded Teeth

Invisalign clear aligners are quite effective in treating Crowded Teeth. The relatively new Invisalign Teen has some extra features that aid in compliance, tooth movement and sequence of treatment that may be ideal for your case. Before any decisions can be made a consultation and the taking of Records such as Impressions, x-rays and Photographs are needed to formulate a  definitive treatment plan. Once this is done a simulated display of the correction of your crowding and other Orthodontic issues can be reviewed before any treatment is done!  Besides crowding there may be other aspects of your bite that may have to be taken into account for correction such as midline, arch width, and deep bite or perhaps cross bite. At the consultation an approximate length of treatment will be discussed as well as cost. Best of luck!

Howard Perlmutter, DMD
Paramus Cosmetic Dentist