Does Invisalign Work on Crowded Teeth?

I want to get an Invisalign but I'm not sure if it will work for me. I'll be 15 in June and my teeth aren't really bad, they are just crowded. I would like to get an idea of how long it might take and how much it will cost compared to regular braces. Thank you.

This is what Invisalign is all about

+2

You are very likely a very good candidate for Invisalign. After, all, this is what Invisalign is all about. Many times Invisalign takes the same amount of time and sometimes less compared to braces. We have to see your teeth in order to give you a more precise answer regarding the amount of time in treatment. 

Encino Orthodontist

Invisalign for Teen crowding

+2

Hello, Invisalign has a specific product for Teens called Invisalign Teen. And it works great for crowding. Now what is different in Invisalign teen?- Main difference is Blue Indicator on Teen aligners that show the compliance of the patient. Dentist can check out the fading of the blue color on the aligner to keep the teens accountable for the adequate wear time. Also there are some power ridges for better torque control. Teens can benefit a lot from Invisalign at this socializing age, you can remove and brush/floss easily that can be  inconvenient with braces otherwise.  But this removable appliance feature brings extra responsibility as well to adhere to recommended number of hours wear per dentist's instructions.

Dalvir Pannu, DDS
San Jose Cosmetic Dentist

Invisalign works for crowded teeth, but there are other factors

+2

Generally speaking, Invisalign can correct crowding. Some factors to consider are: extent of crowding and vertical and horizontal components of your bite. For example, if you are very crowded on the lowers, but your upper teeth cover your lowers completely, you will never be able to eliminate your crowding until the vertical component is corrected. You also need to take into account your bite. Straight teeth does not necessarily mean a good bite.

Through Invisalign, you may need the following: dental expansion, extractions of teeth, going in between the teeth and reducing width. Attachments can greatly help. They allow the aligners to apply more force to your teeth.

Generally, fees are slightly more for Invisalign, and time of treatment is similar to that of braces.

A proper diagnosis is critical when planning your Invisalign treatment, so you should see an orthodontist for a consultation.

Tony Cucalon III DDS
San Francisco Orthodontist

Invisalign for crowded teeth?

+1
Yes, Invisalign certainly does work for crowded teeth.  Of course you need to be evaluated by a cosmetic dentist first, but often times Invisalign is perfect for patients like you.  If your teeth are very crowded, sometimes it's necessary to remove a couple of teeth in order to make room for the crowded teeth.  An alternative to removing teeth is often times IPR (inter-proximal reduction) of teeth that makes them more narrow and fit together better with a lesser chance of relapse.  It's important to get a consult with a cosmetic dentist (or orthodontist, if your case is very severe).  I hope this helps a lot.

Sarah Thompson, DMD
Belleville Cosmetic Dentist

Invisalign on Crowded Teeth

+1

If the crowding is not that severe then Invisalign can work to straighten your teeth. Treatment takes one to two years on average. The cost is comparable to regular braces, maybe slightly more. 

Sylvan Fain, DDS
Miami Cosmetic Dentist

Crowded teeth and invislaign

+1

'

YES! invislalign will work for crowded teeth. Its especially effective when your bite is correct and you dont have a big Overbite or Overjet.

Mojdah Akhavan, DDS
San Diego Orthodontist

Invisalign and crowding, invisalign gainesville ga

+1

Invisalign will absolutely work for you!  In fact, I would recommend Invisalign teen since you will have the opportunity to have 6 replacement aligners at no cost to you.  A free consultation would be warranted to determine exactly how long it might take for your bite to be corrected.  This will, in turn, determine the cost of the treatment.  Rest assured, the cost will be very similar to braces.  I look forward to you achieving the smile of your dreams!

Ron D. Wilson, DMD
Gainesville Orthodontist

Invisalign is Most Effective for Crowded Teeth

+1

Invisalign clear aligners are quite effective in treating Crowded Teeth. The relatively new Invisalign Teen has some extra features that aid in compliance, tooth movement and sequence of treatment that may be ideal for your case. Before any decisions can be made a consultation and the taking of Records such as Impressions, x-rays and Photographs are needed to formulate a  definitive treatment plan. Once this is done a simulated display of the correction of your crowding and other Orthodontic issues can be reviewed before any treatment is done!  Besides crowding there may be other aspects of your bite that may have to be taken into account for correction such as midline, arch width, and deep bite or perhaps cross bite. At the consultation an approximate length of treatment will be discussed as well as cost. Best of luck!

Howard Perlmutter, DMD
Paramus Cosmetic Dentist

How does Invisalign work?

+1

Invisalign aligners are made to not fit your existing teeth. So when you wear the first one, this misfit causes your teeth to move to the shape of the aligner.

Over a series of aligners the teeth are moved, tilted, tipped, rotated etc to the desired position.

As the patient has to wear the aligners for 2 weeks and at least 20 hours per day, there will be occasions when the aligners are not worn. This can lead to minor errors and then refinement aligners are made to correct this.

Invisalign with the help of the small buttons/attachments can do almost everything except rotate severely rotated teeth, such as canines and premolars. Even metal braces have these problems.

Raj Kumar, BDS, LDSRCS
London Cosmetic Dentist

Invisalign can correct crowded teeth

+1

Front teeth crowding can usually be completely corrected with Invisalign treatment.  However, you must ask the question "Why are the teeth crowded?"  An evaluation by an Invisalign Certified Orthodontist would be in order. Teeth crowding usually occurre because the dental arches are constricted. If so, adding a step of dentofacial orthopedics to widen the upper jaw, then using Invisalign (or braces) can correct the crowding and give a much fuller, more beautiful smile.  Are you ready for Hollywood yet?

Kent Lauson, DDS, MS
Denver Orthodontist