How Much Does Invisalign Cost?

• 5 years ago

How much does Invisalign cost? Are there different Invisalign prices for the different stages of treatment?

Cost of Invisalign

March 19th, 2008

Invisalign may cost anywhere from $3000 to $6500 depending on the complexity of movement of teeth...

Typically at the office we allow our patients to see the actual results on the computer imaging program before they commit to treatment... The process takes about a half hour to gather all the information. This way our patients know how many aligners they will need and how long the treatment will take, before they commit to treatment. Our patients love this! An actual visualization of their results before deciding to proceed with treatment!

Ryan Sellinger, DMD

Ryan Sellinger, DMD
Manhattan Cosmetic Dentist

Cost for Invisalign

March 25th, 2008

As in all things, "It depends..." :)

Some cases are minor and only need a few months of movement. Cases like this, since they are fairly simple and won't require as many materials, can result in a significant savings, usually in the $3000-4000 range.

As the complexity increases, so does the fee. Most Invisalign cases are complete in about a year, but can be longer. These cases can cost in the $5000-7000 range.

All fees are based on care, skill and judgement of each dentist, as well as some geographic influences. To know precisely how much it would cost would require a visit to the dentist or orthodontist to find out what kind of case you are.

Lance Timmerman, DMD

Lance Timmerman, DMD
Seattle Cosmetic Dentist

Invisalign Cost

April 28th, 2014

In my office, Invisalign costs the same as traditional braces.  The fees for treatment are determined based on the complexity of the tooth movement required.  Treatment that takes less than 1 year would be far less costly than treatment that would take 2 or more years.  The cost can range from $5000-$8000 (Canadian dollars).  In my area, most orthodontists do complimentary consultations and will give you cost estimates.  I recommend you get a few opinions and see where you feel the most comfortable.

Jennifer Smith, DDS

Jennifer Smith, DDS
Calgary Orthodontist

Cost of Invisalign...

February 22nd, 2014

The cost of Invisalign depends on which part of the country you live in and the doctor you choose.  It's a good idea to choose a cosmetic dentist or an orthodontist.  As a cosmetic dentist here in St. Louis, our office usually charges between $2,500 and $6,000, depending on the complexity of the case.  For short cases that take 5 or 6 months, the cost is closer to $2,500 and for cases that will take over 2 years or longer will typically cost closer to $6,000.

Sarah Thompson, DMD

Sarah Thompson, DMD
Saint Louis Cosmetic Dentist

Cost of Invisalign

July 2nd, 2013

There are lots of good answers to this question below and yes, generally speaking Invisalign treatment should run between $3,000 - $6,000.  This price range can vary based on what part of the country you live (higher in New York, lower in some lower rent and cost of labor markets).  It can also vary depending on case complexity.  For example, Invisalign recently began to offer Express 5 treatment for extremely minor tooth movement and I would think that type of treatment should be less than $3,000. 
Please, keep in mind once you complete treatment, there may be additional fees involved - retainers, night guard, and bite adjustments which may or may not be included in the price that your dentist/orthodontist quoted.  Also, teeth that have been misaligned over time tend to wear out unevenly.  So, you may wish to check with your dentist for an estimate to do that type of work.

Mika Miyamoto-Shemali, DDS

Mika Miyamoto-Shemali, DDS
Portland Cosmetic Dentist

Cost of Invisalign

April 10th, 2013

The cost of treatment varies based on the length of treatment, the complexity and the geographical location. My wife's friend had Invisalign done at a dentist in Manhattan overlooking central park and the cost was $9000. The average fee in the USA is $3500-$6500. Some easy cases can be less, and complex cases can be more. Payments plans are available so the cost could be $200-$400 per month on average. Some offices charge extra for the initial patient records, some offices also charge extra for retainers which should be worn after treatment is completed to prevent the teeth from moving back to their original position.

Cost of invisalign

March 13th, 2012

the cost of Invisalitgn can vary from $4000 to $7000.. I recommend that you research carefully, maker sure an orthodontist is doing the treatment and NOT a general dentist. Usually a general dentist will charge LESS, but an orthodontist is specially trained for this kind of treatment.

Mojdah Akhavan, DDS

Mojdah Akhavan, DDS
San Diego Orthodontist

Invisalign Cost

September 9th, 2011

The price for Invisalign cases will generally vary depending on the complexity of the case.  On average a fairly straight forward case might cost between $3000-$4000, and a more complex case may cost $5000-$6500.

Daniel Beninato, DDS

Daniel Beninato, DDS
Omaha Cosmetic Dentist

Invisalign is competitive with braces

August 31st, 2010

In many offices Invisalign costs are similar to braces, but that does vary and sometimes the cost is more.  The trend with many offices is to charge no more for Invisalign than braces. The doctors office offering Invisalign is charged a significant "lab fee" from Align Technology, the creator of Invisalign.  There are also office costs of course, and the professionalfee from the doctor, so costs can run as little as $3000-4000 for Invisalign Express treatment, or as much as $7500 for a complex case involving other treatment (like braces or dentofacial orthopedic appliances) as well as Invisalign.  Many offices offer complimentary evaluations to be able to quote actual fees.  Understanding fees before making any commitment to start treatment is very important.  I hope this is helpful.

Cost for Invisalign (invisible braces)

May 13th, 2009

Invisalign is a method we use to straighten teeth using a set of clear plastic trays. You can straighten crowded/crooked teeth, close unsightly gaps, and improve your bite without anyone knowing you are wearing braces. Invisalign works quickly.

The costs associated with Invisalign cover records, development of a computer program, and production of the clear trays. Records fees range from $500-$800 and the treatment itself ranges from $4000-$7000.

I'm such a fan of Invisalign, I became a patient myself. I started my Invisalign (to perfect my smile and correct my bite) a few months ago and I'm already nearly finished! I even paid out of pocket to do this treatment.

Susan Goode Estep, DMD

Susan Goode Estep, DMD
Atlanta Cosmetic Dentist

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.