Am I Ineligible for Invisalign?

I've always been interested in Invisalign but I've always assumed I was ineligible for it. When I asked my dentist about it she waved it off and immediately said it would not work for me and so I never bothered looking into it further. That was several years ago and I know teeth change and she never gave me a clear reason why Invisalign was not an option for me. I'm thinking of going in for a consultation but first I'd like to hear other dentists' opinions.

Invisalign might be a good solution for your crowded teeth

+1

Invisalign treatment procedures have improved significantly over the last decade and continue to advance. So the earlier dismissal of your 'eligibility" for Invisalign more than likely no longer applies. Also, you might take in to account that dentists, and some orthodontists, that are not experienced in managing Invisalign treatment  are less likely to recognize its potentials than a doctor who has extensive experience. I suggest you consult with an orthodonitist in your area whose practice includes a significant number of Invisalign patients. That way you are most likely to get the information you need to make an informed decision as to whether Invisalign is right for you.

Mercer Island Orthodontist

Invisalign Candidate?

+1

There is NO DOUBT you can use Invisalign. The only matter in question is whether or not all of your dental concerns can be resolved with Invisalign. I would suggest you consult a dentist or orthodontist who works with Invisalign (or another clear aligner system) AND conventional braces. Good luck, you will be VERY happy when the teeth are straight! 

Brad Lockhart, DDS
Tustin Cosmetic Dentist

Invisalign may work for you

+1

The photo showing the crowding of your teeth makes it look like Invisalign would be able to align these teeth. The question then hinges on your bite.  It's always hard to tell from one photo what someone's bite is really like.  In some cases braces give a better result, but only a visit to your local orthodontist who does BOTH Invisalign and braces will provide the right answer for you.

Brian Povolny, DDS, PhD
Seattle Orthodontist

Consult with an orthodontist

+1

Hi. . I would recommend that you consult with an orthodontist who has experience with invisalign and braces. It is very hard to tell from the pictures what your bite is like- it is evident that you have crowding. It is possible that you are a candidate for invisalign but there may be limitations to what invisalign can accomplish- It is best to learn the pros and cons of braces and invisalign for your particular case. That is why I recommend that you see an orthodontist so that you can review all your treatment options.

Gabriela Hricko, DDS
New York Orthodontist

Invisalign can do amazing things sometimes

+1

While your case is not ideal, it does not appear at first glance to be impossible with Invisalign.  However, brackets and wires are more predictable, even the invisible (tooth colored) ones like 6 month braces.

Lance Timmerman, DMD
Seattle Cosmetic Dentist

Sure looks like you could be treated with Invisalign

+1

sure looks like you could be an Invisalign patient!...best to see an orthodontist who has done a lot of Invisalign cases

Robert Waxler, DMD, MS
Saint Louis Orthodontist

Invisalign 6MonthsSmiles

+1

Invisalign has very specific indications : You can only move teeth 15 degrees and about 3 mm.

More than that you need braces. By looking at the picture it seems you would be a candidate . Or better yet you are a candidate for clear braces with the 6MontsSmiles method . It moves teeth faster and more efficiently than invisalign

Laura Torrado, DDS
New York Cosmetic Dentist