Uneven Bite After Invisalign

I Just Started Invisalign This Week and my Bite Seems to Be Moving to the Right--it Feels Uneven and I Am Worried.

Bite with Invisalign

+2

It is very common that the teeth feel "out of bite" while in invisalign treatment. The main concern will be at the end of your treatment. If the bite feels funny, your dentist may need to do some minor occlusal adjustment.

During treatment your teeth are in movement and they are somewhat taken out of bite.

New York Cosmetic Dentist

It may get worse before it gets better

+2

When treatment begins and teeth begin to move your bite will feel different and not always for the better. Some patients are more sensitive to changes in their bite while others don't notice the change. At the end of your treatment your bite should feel comfortable and function well. If you are worried during your treatment you should discuss these concerns with your orthodontist.

Samie Thabet, MD
Germantown Orthodontist

Beginning Invisalign Changes

+2

When beginning Invisalign (or braces for that matter) many times teeth will start correcting in a fashion that may not improve the appearance right away.  Also, the bite may begin to feel off at the start of treatment.  Even though teeth may be crooked in the beginning, you are used to the way they feel so any change will make your bite feel different.  This is normal.  However, if you have a concern, you should always ask your Invisalign dentist about the concern.  More than likely, he or she will put your mind at ease.

Kent Lauson, DDS, MS
Denver Orthodontist

Invisalign is a process

+2

When teeth move around, things change.  Many changes are temporary and you should not be concerned until treatment is complete or near completion.  Sometimes things get worse before they get better, but you should trust that they WILL get better.

Lance Timmerman, DMD
Seattle Cosmetic Dentist

Uneven Bite After Invisalign?

+1

Your bite probably won't feel even during the early phases. I wouldn't pay too much attention to it in the interim. I WOULD pay close attention to it as it nears the end. It's even possible that you will need to have the actual fit of your teeth adjusted when you get to the very end.

As long as it's not producing pain in your jaw (your TMJ) I wouldn't get too worried about it. If you continue to feel concerned, you will want to call and let the Orthodontist know what sort of problem you are having.

Odds are good that it will feel better in a couple of weeks.

Thanks,

Scott Greenhalgh, DDS

Scott Greenhalgh, DDS
Denver Cosmetic Dentist

Bite shifting

+1

It is not uncommon for the bite to feel "funny" at the start of treatment....it happens with braces too!...often it will not feel perfect until you stop wearing the aligners full time in retention

Robert Waxler, DMD, MS
Saint Louis Orthodontist

Invisalign Early Stages

+1

Your concerns are not uncommon. With any orthodontic procedure, the teeth are often moved to an unusual position (space, bite off) prior to reaching the final stages of ideal alignment.

Mickey Bernstein, DDS
Memphis Cosmetic Dentist

Teeth move with Invisalign

+1

Yes, you will be aware of your teeth moving with Invisalign - just as with conventional braces. Each of us becomes comfortable with our bite even in cases in which the teeth do not meet properly. It can be disconcerting as the teeth begin to move because things no lnger fit like they did before. Most patients adapt over a few weeks to the movement so it does not seem so strange. Stick with it - it is a work in progress!

R. William McNeill, DDS, MS
Mercer Island Orthodontist

As your teeth move, your bite will change

+1

During the Invisalign (or any orthodontic) process, your teeth will be moving around, sometimes quite a bit!  It's not unusual for your bite to feel off and even be a bit sore or uncomfortable for a period of time.  Your dentist should be monitoring your progress as you go along.  Be sure to tell him or her of any concerns you have. 

Gerilyn Alfe, DMD
Chicago Cosmetic Dentist