(W/ Face Simulation) My Face Is Too Wide : Should I Do Jaw Reduction or Chin Augmentation or Cheek Augmentation? (photo)

I feel really annoyed with my cheek and jaw, which I think both are wide. I think my chin need to be more definition and longer. I like to edit my picture everytime I take pictures just to see what kind of surgery I need. I knw plstic surgery might not get my face looks like the edited version, but at least I'll hv 1 step closer to what I want. It seems. I want a narrower bone cheek but still sharp, sharper jaw (v shape)+chin. I need a procedure suggestion based on the pictures I have. Thank U!

Chin Lengthening and Jawline Narrowing

+2

The first step in helping you get closer to your goals is to change the shape of the chin. What you are demonstrating is a slightly longer and more narrow chin. That could be achieved by designing a chin implant that adds vertical length but with no lateral wings. The jawline would also need to be narrowed (shaved) on the sides from behind the mental nerve coming forward. The other approach would be to do a vertical opening osseous genioplasty to lengthen the chin. This also has a chin/jawline narrowing effect. You may combine that with a subtotal buccal lipectomy although I am not sure that what you think the buccal lipectomy would do is exactly where it's facial thinning effect occurs.

My face is too wide

+2

Most of what you want can be done with a special chin implant. That implant will not only give you forward projection (last photo) but also downward projection to lengthen the chin (1st photo) to make your face look longer, less wide. I would leave your cheeks alone. 

Peter T. Truong, MD
Fresno Oculoplastic Surgeon

Facial Definition

+1

Your facial definition can be improved and the apparent increased width reduced with chin and cheek implants. These are safe, reliable procedures. Over the past 35 years I have preferred to use the silicone implants which can be carved to meet the needs of each individual patient. 

Botox injections can provide a more angular jaw

+1

Hi Kevin, Thanks for the helpful pictures. Here are some thoughts: Think carefully about the buccal fat removal - you are a young patient and down the line when you are older you may look too "hollowed out" (it could even happen after the surgery). A conservative fat removal is best. An effective way to make your jaw more angular and to highlight your cheek bones is to use botox injections to soften your masseter muscle (this is the muscle you can feel at the side of your jaw when you bite down hard). This is a very effective way to have rounder faces gain more definition. As for your chin, you need to have a surgeon examine you in person - fillers, implants and fat injections are all viable options that only a physical exam can help determine which way to go. Good luck! Dr. Kamran Jafri

Kamran Jafri, MD