Average Cost of a Chin Implant Removal? Can I Have It Removed Through an Incision on the Chin if I Had It Placed Orally?

Removal of Chin Implant

The approach for removal of a chin implant will depend on the reason for removal and the type of implant that was used. For example, if there has been significant tissue ingrowth into the implant I would prefer an incision under the chin which provides better exposure. 

The implant can probably be removed through the chin, but this would create an additional scar.  Removal of a chin implant in the simplest case may be $1000 or so.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA